Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
vashaka

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:58 am   

Refesh location on map using #find

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've created a simple bot that moves me around the map however once and a while I lose my spot on the map. Once this happens my bot just keeps bumping into walls.... real annoying... Now normally this isn't a huge deal as i can manually type #find and it will update my true location on the map however if I use #find in my scripts it will not update my location and infact does nothing more than LOOK without the map update. Is there anyway to simulate #FIND so if my bot gets messed up it will update his position on the map by itself then allowing my script to regenerate a path to walk.

Thanks.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:56 pm   

If find is working when you manually type it, wow you lucky person you, but not when you are running a script; then you probably just need to add a bit of wait time between the #find command and resumption of your bot code.

Try using something like the following.

Trigger :You cannot go that way for there is a large river preventing your passage.:
#T- botcode
#find
#alarm +4 {#T+ botcode}
vashaka

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:24 pm   

I will try that when I get home from work. I never paused my bot when using the #FIND so maybe thats the key. I will post and let you know if that worked. Thanks for your help I appreciate it.
vashaka

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:22 pm   

That worked thanks. It looks like once i wrapped it in an alarm that did the trick. Thanks =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: