Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:20 am   

[3.08] NICE-TO-HAVE Delete setting warning

Perhaps an option to confirm a delete setting on things out of a folder..

Edit->Reset Priorities oops clicked on Delete Setting and boom!

Lost a large trigger with many states, Got it back from the backup but its a pain.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:27 pm   

It actually already warns you if you try to delete more than one setting. But I can probably add an option to confirm any deletion. Honestly, I'm not sure how many people would use it since getting a confirmation every time you hit the delete key to delete a setting would get pretty annoying for a lot of people (including me).

Maybe what I can do that might be more useful (since Copy/Paste with XML is finally working pretty well), is to implement some sort of "Undo Deletion" option. When you delete a setting, I can do a "Copy" into a different text buffer in the background and then the "Undo Deletion" would just do a "Paste" of the saved XML text. I might even be able to make it into more of a general Undo operation (save the existing XML before you edit it). Not sure about doing a full Undo/Redo queue like some editors, but at least it would help with the "Opps!" kind of accidental deletion that you mentioned.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:29 pm   

I like your undo option, I think it would be a welcome addition.

On a whole the only area I really miss an undo feature is on the mapper. I don't know how many times I've tried to grab a link bend and rather than it grabbing the link bend it detaches the link from the room. If I'm not watching carefully to see where it was attached previously, or if it was a link from another zone I usually can't figure out where to re-attach it. That's been a gripe of mine for a long time and I've love to simply hit undo on the mapper to fix those type of map editing quirks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: