Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion
Nezic
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:23 pm   

[3.06] Refresh problem when dragging a window across TeSSH connection pane

I noticed that if I am dragging/moving any other window over the TeSSH window, the connection pane doesn't repaint correctly until I stop dragging, or go slow enough that it's close enough to stopping.

However, this only happens if the other window is overlapping the 'edge' of TeSSH. If the other window is completely in the middle of the TeSSH connection pane there are no refresh/repaint problems until you overlap the edge again.

I first noticed this while moving the command prompt toolbar around, but then realized it was any window that does it.

(I'm running on Vista, btw)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:21 pm   

I actually think this is more of a Windows issue. If you are talking about the main text window for the session when you say "connection pane", then that window is updated whenever Windows sends it an "invalidate" or "refresh" message. So it sounds like Windows is not sending these messages when dragging another window in some circumstances. There isn't much I can do about this myself. All I can do is make sure the window responds to the Windows messages that it receives. My guess is that Windows is trying to improve performance by not updating a window while you are busy doing something (like dragging a window) and is waiting till the system is "idle" before doing something that might take a long time (like repainting a window).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: