Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
pelonza
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:59 am   

A tricky window situation....

What I want to do is have a separate status window open SOMETIMES. That is, I need to monitor special variables only some times (and then for a while)...and I want to be able to turn this monitoring on and off, without having it constantly cluttering my status window. Ideally I'd be able to open a NEW status window, but it seems CMUD only supports additional lines in the already existing window. Below is some of the ideas I've tried so far, but if anyone has a good way of doing this let me know please!

It seems to me that using #STW {on/off} id _should_ let me turn on and off ONLY the specified ID's of status windows....but instead it just turns the entire window off...or seems to anyway.
pelonza
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:07 am   

So, I realized after more searching there is a much more direct way of doing it (though the above seems to me to be what should work) :

By putting all the status stuff for this under a seperate class, I can just enable/disable the entire class of values/triggers etc.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:57 pm   

You can create new windows, but you can only have a single status window. Enabling and disabling the items is the correct way to determine whether they show in the status window.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: