Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
LordFett213
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:22 am   

How to stop #ts at 0 and not restart?

I have a couple skills that are on long timers, when I use them I have #ts to the time of the refresh and then also an #alarm for the refresh +1 second to set the #ts to -1 such as this:

#ts 1440
#alarm +1441 {#ts -1}

This way when the timer is NOT running I know the skill is usable. Is there a way to have the #ts end at 0 and not start over?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:45 am   

#TI?
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:31 am   

Hmm but then I'd still have to use the same setup as I am using now. Was hoping there was something I could do in the original trigger to tell it only count once then stop.
LordFett213
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:42 am   

I guess I missunderstood #ti I see what it does now. Thanks shalimar.
LordFett213
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:41 pm   

This doesn't seem to be working. I've tried disabling the tick time, setting it to 0 -1 1440 and nothing works. All it does it turn it on or off but not set the time when it starts.

I've tried a value of {#ti 1440} and using the F1 dialog it gave me #timer {1440} {#say assassinate ready} which doesn't work either.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:58 am   

Instead of doing that, it sounds like what you really need is a visual indicator of if the skill is usable or not. Why not use Toggle button that goes on or off as the skills is usable. Better yet, use a regular button and disable/enable it using the alarm. If the buttons is visible, then you know you can use it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:06 am   

The notion of manipulating a toggle button is something that I have been trying to figure out for a good number of days now. I need to create a button that lets me know that I can perform a spell action again. I use an alias to cast the spells so just finding the command to switch the button state from up to down would be a HUGE help. Yes GUI programing is by far and away my worst skillset.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:44 am   

There's a field for buttons, "Expr:" that lets you use an expression to determine the state that's active. The expression should return a number that's the number of the state you want to activate - the base state is 0.

So all you need to do is put a variable in there and change the value of the variable. It looks like this:

Code:
<button copy="yes">
  <caption>on</caption>
  <expr>@lol</expr>
  <state caption="off"></state>
</button>

lol=0 makes the button display "on", lol=1 makes it display "off".

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Sylmannemo
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:22 pm   

If I'm understanding properly, instead of using a toggle, you could always just create a gauge and color coordinate it. Have the value toggle at the appropriate times and if the button is green you can cast, red you can't, etc.

Code:

#BUTTON # {Cast Spell} {} {} {} {@cancastspell} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {Gauge||12|1|0|7} {} "" {Explore|Inset} {} {}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: