Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Springie
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:44 am   

Cmud Mapper

I am having problems with the mapper on CMud. It may be just cause I dont know how to use it correctly but i do need some help. In the previous version it kinda worked for me but it messed up rooms all the time. Now that I upgraded to the beta version of cmud it doesn't even work at all. I'm just trying to do a basic map of a 10x10 grid area. Record each room and directions, etc. I dont know what i'm doing wrong or what i need to do to get this to work, so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Ithilion
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:03 pm   

Are you using a MUD as the basis of the 10x10 map?
If yes, then:

Have you tried to run new configuration or Reconfigure first?
Springie
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:26 am   

yea, i have tried that, basically in the mud there is an area that randomly generates rooms in a 10x10 group with multiple levels. I have tried the reconfigure, nothing seems to work.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:58 am   

Couple of things...

First off since your posting about the Beta version this discussion should be placed in the CMUD Beta forum (I just moved it there for you).
Second, when posting about problems with CMUD (and beta versions especially) then it is *extremely* helpful to include the version you are running the the topic header. (Since you just posted I'm going to assume it's 3.05)
Third, you are using a BETA version so you should expect quirks, and should be willing to help identify bugs, procedures for reproduction etc. If you are not willing, or able to do so, then you should probably stick to the public releases.

Ok now to problem you posted about. I have a few questions.
0. What exactly do you mean by it doesn't work at all?
1. Did you use a previous Beta version?
2. Are you trying to create the manually, i.e. you're editing it yourself, or are you using the Automapper?
3. Have you reconfigured you're mapper since the conversion?
4. Do you have multiple location objects? A single valid location object?
5. Did your map database convert successfully?
6. Do you have multiple entries in your package editor for the map?
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:29 am   

Ok. I open the mapper and click file --> new. I name is and it goes through a couple loading bars. It doesn't show any problems. The map grid remains blank. I click on config ---> New Configuration. Map grid remains blank even after moving any direction. I click config ---> Reconfigure, map grid remains blank. I've tried to set current position, new zone, add room, and other various options from the drop down menu and nothing happens. I just recently upgraded from the newest downloadable version, i dont remember which one, 2.5 or something. The mapper kinda worked there, it would record like 5 rooms then it would stop maping. I dont know if i'm using the automapper or what. I just click the Map tab on top and it opens a side screen. If I'm doing thing wrong any help would be greatly appreciated. As to the other questions you asked, I'm not sure how to answer since I'm only a beginner at the functions of cmud, my apologies.

Thank you
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:36 pm   

To start a new map, you need to add a room to it. To do this, switch to mapping mode (File > Map), then add the room (Edit > Add Room, and click anywhere on your map). Then select that room by clicking on it and set it as your current position (Actions > Set Current Position). After that, you can use the autoconfigure (if CMud hasn't already prompted you to config) and get started mapping, although if you're recording an area which changes randomly then you'll need to do some manual configuration, which needs someone with more time to explain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: