Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
thucar
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:06 pm   

Room specific buttons and Chat window

I have a Chat window where I capture all the chat. I also set up some buttons for a gambling room. But those buttons appear on both, Chat and Main window. where can I disable them for my Chat window?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:19 pm   

The only way I have found is to turn off the toobar position. Click on the chat window. Click on Options|General. In the Preferences window, click on User Interface|Buttons. Set the toolbar number which contains your buttons to None. That will cause the window to stop displaying that button toolbar.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:40 pm   

I can confirm this problem. The problem is that buttons defined in a separate module are "global" buttons and will appear in all windows. And yes, that's obviously not what you want for buttons within a room class of a the mapper. I'll look to see if I can fix it so that the buttons only appear within a window that has the location object connected with that specific room. Added to bug list.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:40 pm   

Actually, I take that back. After checking the code for this, CMUD is already handling the scope of settings within a room script properly. Are you sure you are using the 3.04 beta version? (please ALWAYS put the version you are using into the subject of your post when posting to this Beta forum).

I clicked on a room, clicked on Room Properties, and went to the Room Scripts tab. Then clicked the "Edit scripts for this room" to open the package editor. Then I added the command:

#BUTTON 1 {In Room} {#SHOW clicked}

to the room script. When I moved into this room, a new button was created in my main MUD window called "In Room". This button was NOT created within my Chat window.

So, you need to check a couple of things: First, go into the Package Editor and turn on the View/Show/Locations option to show location objects. Then expand your Chat window and make sure that window doesn't have a Location object for the map. Any window that has a Location object pointing to the map will get the buttons for the room scripts.

Also make sure you don't have duplicate Map objects left over from bugs in previous versions.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:43 pm   

Ah, I had previously come across a problem with buttons in one window showing in another window which I worked around as described above. It appears that problem has been fixed. I can't testify to Thucar's problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: