Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
digitaljams

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:38 pm   

Package English Directions (DirectionsDiag)

Went though the Support Forums and couldn't find what I was looking for

The Package English Directions is used for movement within the mud for Speedwalking.

Directions d,e,n,s,u,w all work fine, partly because when a direction of d|down is encountered it sends d.

However, when a diagonal direction is sent the system wants to send 1,3,7 or 9. Which I guess is suppose to refer to your keypad. Problem is that it sends this 1,3,7, or 9 and NOT sw,se,nw,ne

So when I speed walk and hit a diagonal direction it sends 1,3,7, or 9 and my mud responds with Incorrect command.. because the client sent a number and not an actual direction (why it works one way for n,s,e,w and entirely different way for sw,se,nw,ne is beyond me).

Well the way the DirectionsDiag is setup your cant put more than 1 character in the field. So I can't correct the problem by the obvious attempt of changing the configuration.

So how do I setup the system so when I speedwalk it sends the actual direction rather than a number??

Temporarily I've created alias of 1,3,7,9 on the mud system itself to interrupt those as directions rather than numbers, but I would like to fix the problem at its source than use this adhoc method.

-Any suggestions are welcomed

Thanks
digitaljams

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:00 pm   

Interestingly enough, a side problem occurs anytime when I do a Slow Walk and I hit a direction thats diagonal. While it will move successfully in the diagonal direction (because I've setup an alias), it will abort after entering any room thats diagonal in nature.

Example.. Say a path is s,s,s,s,e,e,sw,e,ne,

When slow walking the system will work fine until I reach the sw direction. Upon entry to the room the system will just abort. The problem could be related, unsure how.

Doing a fast walk, there are no issues, of course its not parsing either.

[Informational]

Specific snap shots

H:183 M:154 V:119 T:60232 E:1,123,218 N:223,147 > Drossway Road
A wide road of pebble and cinder runs northeast and south. To the south the
road splits the face of a hill. The dull walls of a fortified city rise above
the plain to the north.
Dark clouds cover the sky.
This area is bright as day.
You can see exits to the south, and northeast.
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:40 pm   

This doesn't sound like a problem with the EnglishDirections package to me, although your edits to the EnglishDirections package could be causing the second problem.

Instead it sounds like the KeypadDiag class in the EnglishKeypad package has somehow accidentally be disabled or deleted--check to make sure everything is correct in it.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:03 pm   

If you are using the standard English Directions package, the path abbreviations for the diagonals are h,j,k, and l. Have you changed that? When you made the paths for your slow walk, did you use the keypad? Are you using or have you modified the English Keypad package? In the English Keypad package, the keypad keys 1, 3, 7, and 9 are coded to sw, se, nw, and ne.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: