Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
thucar
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:56 am   

[3.03a] Map configuration not saving

I use a trigger to send the #OK command to the mapper, so I wish to keep the Auto step confirmations off at all times. However, the mapper seems to be switching on the Autostep to (Match step to first line or room desc) I keep turning it off and it keeps popping back whenever I either move from zone to zone, or switch between SLOW, SAFE or FAST walk.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:27 pm   

There is a known bug with mapper settings not saving consistently. Probably the same cause.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:19 pm   

This sounds a bit different, so I'd like to get more information on this.

What version of Windows are you using?

Look in your CMUD Data files directory (usually My Documents/My Games/CMUD) and find the subdirectory for the character session you are playing. See if there is a *.ini file in that directory that has the same name as your *.DBM map database file. Is the modification date on that INI file getting changed when you change the map configuration settings and then exit CMUD?
thucar
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:57 am   

I'm using WindowsXP SP2

and there's no *.ini file. There's the *dbm file and then there are *.mud, *.pkg, *.tbz and *.xly files.

Oh, and just in case you are wondering, I have turned on the options to show hidden and system files in my windows explorer.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:13 pm   

Did you convert the map from a previous v2.x *.MDB map file? If so, what directory is the old file in? Seems like you should also have a *.ZFG file where the mapper configuration settings are stored too. So this could definitely indicate a problem if those files are being stored somewhere else.
thucar
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:20 am   

copied the file so they are now in the same folder. But still, it does not save that part of the conf. Saves everything else, safe walk step count, center after each step and all that. But it does not save the step confirmation. Same problem on 2 computers. One running 64bit Vista Ultimate, other one 32bit XP SP2
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: