Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
snatch.xx
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:12 am   

Is there a fix for panning?

Windows xp pro
Cmud beta 3.03a

Surly everyone is tired of mapper problems but I have one and hoping there is a fix. The mapper will not allow me to pan across the map (Middle mouse button). The only way I can view all of my map is to scroll way out and then it is too hard to see what is going on.
All my tracking seems to work fine.
Speedwalk works
#WALK works
.e works etc..

I just cant see my actual location in the map window unless I zoom way out. I guess the map is not centering as I move. And I do have Center map and update map in configuration setting on as well.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:38 am   

i would say use the onRoomEnter #EVENT to center the map on current room... but the only way i see is via the mapper's view menu, and im not sure how to programatically access that shortcut.
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:05 am   

Known buggy behaviour in 3.03a. Or at least several people have been complaining about it on the forums (jerky panning, hitting an invisible "edge" to the map, etc.).
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:19 am   

There is a workaround though. Zoom back to where you can see all the rooms and select them all. Put the map in mapping mode and move the whole thing in the opposite direction from where it is being cut off. As gamma_ray says, it's a known bug and hopefully Zugg will find the cause.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:46 pm   

If this problem is really making your game unplayable, then downgrade to 2.37 again, or install the two versions separately. 3.03a is a beta version released to help discover the inevitable bugs - if it's really causing you problems, leave off the testing for now. The next version will be done when it's done, which may be a while thanks to the ongoing PHP5 saga.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:56 pm   

You should be able to pan the map with just the left button. No need to use the middle button anymore.

The issue with the map not centering when you move is already on the bug list, but I'm not aware of any problem with the map panning, and I haven't yet seen the posts that gamma_ray is talking about.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:15 pm   

Here's a video of what gamma_ray is talking about with 'jerking' in the panning...

Jerky panning

Just click the link, of course.

Charneus
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:56 pm   

Zugg: Bottom of the very first post here.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:53 am   

Gamma_ray: thanks for the bump...the panning issue got lost with the rest of the problems in that post. That's exactly why I tell people to make a new post for each problem so I don't miss something.

Anyway, I see from the video Charneus posted as to what it's doing. Not sure why it's not doing that on my system. Charneus: can you email me your *.dbm map database and let me know which zone you were trying to pan so that I can try it here?
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:26 am   

That video does not describe the problem I mentioned in the bumped topic. I put it with that one because I felt it was related to the centering problem. Others in that thread mentioned the same problem. No scroll bars, with the map off the edge of the map. You try to pan to the portion off the side but it won't let you go in that direction.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:00 am   

You're referring to this, then, Dumas?

Invisible borders

I've sent the same video to Zugg, too. Yeah, it's annoying. You can create rooms past this 'invisible border' but you cannot pan to see it. Best you can do is zoom completely out, select all rooms, then move them into a different position. But it happens each time you create a new zone - it gets really aggravating.

Charneus
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:02 am   

Yes. That is the problem I'm having. I've been attributing the jerky dragging more to my system then a problem, though I could have been wrong about that.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:31 pm   

Try also using the Zone/Refresh menu command in the mapper menu. That tells CMUD to re-compute the boundaries of the zone. I'd be interested in knowing if that fixes the missing scrollbars or has any effect on these problems.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:33 am   

Sorry, took me a while before I was making more rooms. Yes, the refresh for me did work in resetting the boundaries and allowing scrolling. It doesn't fix the centering/panning problem though.
Anaristos
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:38 am   

I don't know if this is related. But the mapper won't update its window display until I've traveled to at least 2 rooms beyond the visible display. Once I reach the second room, it will recompute the display. This won't work while creating new rooms, though. If in creation mode, it will keep adding rooms without ever displaying the section where they are being put, if the added room(s) land(s) on a portion of the map not currently being displayed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: