Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
demoneyoungblood
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:21 am   

#capture, windows with same names

Ok... so in zmud you could have capture windows with the same names and all was well.....

In cmud, I have found it frustrating to setup my individual capture windows as I have always done (I took a fairly long break from mudding, but am back to it again since I can do it at work).

Anyways...

On my imm, I have: OOCs, Imm, Chat
On my mortal, I have: OOCs, Chat

On both of them I have triggers to capture to the specified window...

Now only one problem... ALL of the captures go to the window corresponding to the mortal. I hate that. Now granted, I could change the name to be MOOC MChat and such, but don't think I should need to.

Tried messing with the checkboxes for the window settings, didnt seem to be able to get it right.

Whats the correct way of doing this?
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:34 am   

Myself, I run a seperate instance of CMUD for each sessions i want running, i have yet to see a #CAP misfire across instances

Alternatively, try something like

#CAP %concat(%char, "-OOC")
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:57 am   

You likely could call it via the full window name as well i believe

#CAP "sessionname//windowname"

I'm not entirely sure on the syntax for such referencing, so that may/won't work.
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:43 pm   

I don't believe that last works, Shalimar. You can't reference a package name that way, the top level you can reference is the module or window.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:51 pm   

A for the original question, you basically can't, unless you run entirely different instances of Cmud as Shalimar first suggested. Normally you should name modules and windows uniquely; how else could you possibly specify which one you really mean? As you have noticed.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:19 pm   

In zMUD, "child" capture windows were owned by their main session window. In CMUD, all windows are equal...there isn't any sort of "child" ownership. So when you capture to a window, CMUD has no way to know which window you want it to capture to if you have multiple windows.

What I'll add to the to-do list for a future version is to have CMUD look in the current package for the window first. This should allow multiple sessions to properly access the windows within a particular session package first and should fix this problem for you.
demoneyoungblood
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:03 am   

Thanks Zugg. Its not really necessary, since I did as was suggested and used the %concat method, didnt realize how the window inheritance had changed so was confused.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: