Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
XonDK
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:53 pm   

Plugins for Cmud? Any date?

I was wondering if there was any date for cmud getting plugins possible?

I ask simply because I'm wanting to make a plugin to add G15 LCD support for cmud.
Which...currently is impossible.
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:05 pm   

For those who don't know, he's speaking of the Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard with built in LCD.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8488807&type=product&id=1186003682394&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8488807
Though, IMO this is pointless considering that anything you could display in the LCD you could just put on the status bar...
Curious though if this could be done via scripting despite Xon's declamation of impossibility.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:08 pm   

Erm, I'm saying making a 'plugin' is impossible, I don't know if its possible to find an LCD applet that works with com. I haven't been able to find any.
intoK
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:16 pm   

what do you mean plugins possible?

you can use cmudapi.dll with same guidelines as with zmud plugins
also you can go trough lua c api with whatever you dream needed put in as lua extension dll, then interface with cmud through lua, easy.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:51 pm   

I think what XonDK is saying is that in zMUD there was a way to create a plugin DLL that was called from with zMUD (like whenever a line was received from the MUD, etc). CMUD doesn't have that plugin architecture yet. All you can do right now with CMUD is call an external program via COM.

Now, it *would* be possible to write your own COM object DLL that handles the G15 communication, then just call your COM API from with CMUD. That is certainly very possible to do. And since plugin DLLs have to be written in a language that creates DLLs (like C/Delphi/etc), then creating a DLL that implements it's own COM interface really isn't that much harder (in fact, it's pretty trivial to do that with Delphi).

But to answer the original question, plugins are very far down on the priority list right now. Only a small handful were ever created for zMUD even over the many years, and many were not maintained or supported. Since you can already do most of that via COM today in CMUD, it's not a feature that would really benefit a large number of users compared to the other projects that are higher on the priority list.
XonDK
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:12 pm   

hrm, very true.
thanks for the answer.
Dugger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:39 pm   

Sorry for reviving a dead topic, but Is mapping of the 18 Macro keys on the G11 and old G15 possible in Cmud?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:27 pm   

Well yeah, just bind those keys to something with no definition (Ctrl+Alt+something is good) and then bind those definitions in CMUD.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:35 pm   

Yeah, Fang is correct. I have a G15 myself and that's what I do. I assigned stuff like Ctrl-Shift-F1...Ctrl-Shift-F12 to my G keys on the keyboard. Then I just used these keys like any other key within CMUD. This is actually the same thing that I do to use the G15 in other games, such as WoW. The software doesn't need any specific G15 support to work. The only time software needs specific G15 support is to handle the LCD display.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: