Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » SlightlyMorbid
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:25 pm   

IE problem-not wrapping

Sending an immediate message to a custom category on IE, the message text box goes off the screen, no slide bar, no text wrapping.
Works properly in firefox.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:33 pm   

Only seems to be a problem on IE6. Not sure there is anything I can do about it. It's taking 100% as the size of the page rather than the width of the containing div box. I hate IE6. If I can find a workaround, I'll let you know.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:59 pm   

OK, I found a fix for this. A good link for this was: http://www.phoboslab.org/log/2007/10/ie-textarea-100-width-bug
It's a known bug in IE6 with using a percentage for the width of a textarea field. As mentioned in the link, I had to enclose the textarea field with a DIV and FIELDSET and then set the FIELDSET to have margin:0, padding:0, border:0. That seems to have fixed the IE6 problem and it doesn't seem to have any adverse effect on other browsers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » SlightlyMorbid All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: