Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » SlightlyMorbid
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:45 pm   

Improvements to Trusted login page

I have made some improvements to the page that the Trusted Contact sees when they log into the system.

1) I have created two different disclaimers: one for the Death category, and one for the rest. It is displayed when you click the appropriate category. The disclaimer for the death category has some additional words about the seriousness of the category, and also specifically mentions the 24-hour delay.

2) I have added validity testing to the form. It now detects a bad email address, and also requires the Subject and Body fields to be filled in. When an error is displayed, the previously entered values are retained in the form.

3) When a delayed message is sent, the delay is noted in the "Message sent" box at the top of the screen.

4) The copy of the email message that is sent to the original account holder now has information at the top about the name/email of the Trusted Contact that sent it, along with the list of friends the message is being sent to, along with the category of notification, along with the delivery date of the message if it is delayed. For delayed messages, it also has a note telling you that you can log into the system to cancel it before it is sent.
Tarn
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:24 pm   Re: Improvements to Trusted login page

Zugg wrote:

1) I have created two different disclaimers: one for the Death category, and one for the rest. It is displayed when you click the appropriate category. The disclaimer for the death category has some additional words about the seriousness of the category, and also specifically mentions the 24-hour delay.

Change works, IE6.

Quote:

2) I have added validity testing to the form. It now detects a bad email address, and also requires the Subject and Body fields to be filled in. When an error is displayed, the previously entered values are retained in the form.

The email address field now seems to be required- just checking to make sure that's intended.

Quote:

3) When a delayed message is sent, the delay is noted in the "Message sent" box at the top of the screen.

Confirmed, "Your message will be sent in 24 hours"

#4 addressed in other post (ok, not problem report).

-Tarn
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:30 pm   

Quote:
The email address field now seems to be required

Yep, that is intended. I took out the words about being able to leave this field blank.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » SlightlyMorbid All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: