Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » SlightlyMorbid
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:09 pm   

Hacking the userid hidden input

It looks like you have this properly protected. When I set the field to 1 and tried adding a category I got back an 'invalid session data' message. This shows you are comparing that value with the information from the login.

I would suggest that eliminating the field entirely would be good. You are currently doing a lookup each time the page is generated, then posting that information along with the whatever the user entered. Next is another lookup and a compare to validate the entry. This can be simplified by eliminating the hidden field, and just using the recorded session value on the server side.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:01 pm   

Yep, I'll be removing the field. It was left over from the first implementation before I was putting that data in the session itself.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:59 pm   

The userid hidden field has been removed. Let me know if you run into any errors on any pages or find some other way to hack a page. But the whole site is session based now, and the session data is stored in our database, not in the cookie. So this should be pretty secure.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » SlightlyMorbid All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: