Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

caadium

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:58 pm   

Help with levels

Hello,

I'm new to the whole MUD thing and found that ZMapper paired with Zmud was the best way to get into things since I can create a visual map. I've gotten to an area where I'm not sure what to do though and was hoping you could help.

This is a 9 level building that has some stairs for the typical UP and Down link, but it also has a few areas where the path slopes. What I'm trying to figure out is how use the link that moves north, yet shift the room down to the next lower level. Is there a way to do this?

Also, and this one I've not fiddled with as much but while I'm at it I'll ask now, there is an elevator in the zone. How do I put that in so that I can enter it on one level and exit on a different (and variable based upon input) level?

Thanks...
Erasmus
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:02 pm   

I'm not totally familiar with the ZMapper setup, but if you were using the regular mapper in ZMud it would work something like this..... (Zmapper is probably similar)

To answer your first question I think the easiest thing to do would be to create a normal north-south link between the two rooms in question. Then you can move one of the rooms down to the level below. First, highlight the room by clicking on it. I can't remember what menu it's in (maybe Edit), but there is a Move function that brings up a little dialog box with directions. Clicking Down, and then apply will move the room down to the level below.

For the second question, you are looking for the Other Command Field in the Room Properties box. Open the room properties for the room, and click on the Exits tab. Select the exit you want, and enter the command to get to whatever level you want in the Other Command box. The mapper will recognize if you type this command and move accordingly, or will send the command automatically if you use the direction associated with the command.

Erasmus

Last edited by Erasmus on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
caadium

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:42 pm   

Perfect. That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: