Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:04 am   

About v2.36

I just uploaded the new 2.36 version of CMUD and CMUDPro. I made some pretty low-level display changes to try and optimize #SUB and #GAG. So please let me know if this new version causes any display problems.

But please post any problem reports to a NEW TOPIC and be sure to put [2.36] in your subject line so that I'll see it.

I haven't updated the Check for New Version info yet...I'll do that tomorrow after people get a chance to test it first just in case I really screwed something up.

Hope everyone likes the improved speed ;) (also got the EXE file sizes down a bit).
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:16 pm   

Looks like 2.36 is pretty good, so I have updated the Check for New Version info this morning.

It also appears that my lowered resistance during WorldCon from eating poorly has caused me to catch a cold bug. Doesn't help that it's actually raining today here in Colorado in the middle of August and plans to rain all weekend. It's making my allergies crazy.

So I'm going to take a break for the rest of the weekend and watch the Olympics or something. Hopefully on Monday I can get back to the new mapper stuff.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:45 pm   

I upgraded to 2.36 and it seems to work fine, display wise. I haven't been doing anything intensive, but it looks normal.
Daagar
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:26 pm   

I use #gag quite a bit to block out a per-room 'compass' and extract the room title. 2.36 does seem faster, as there is less 'flicker' when moving from room to room as it gags the compass and rewrites the room name. So very much appreciated!

EDIT: In fact... with a little more testing, it appears there is no longer _any_ flicker. I used to see the compass display just briefly before gag kicked in. It now seems to do all the work 'off screen' and only display the result. Love it.

It does seem to have had an impact on the functioning of some of my triggers, but I haven't revisited them in a looong time so chances are this is a problem that can be resolved on my end than an actual bug. Will put up a new thread if I discover otherwise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: