Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Tegan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:54 pm   

64-bit version still planned?

Just curious if there has been any movement on making CMUD 64-bit compatible. I still can't use a lot of the advanced database features because they crash the program on 64-bit Vista. Last time I posted about this, Zugg commented that he knew about it, that it was a 64-bit issue and that a 64-bit compatible CMUD would be coming eventually.

Is there any time table on that? There are still a lot of features I can't use in some software I've paid for, and that's no fun.

e: Actually, I shouldn't misrepresent what Zugg said. He actually said he would be removing the MDAC dependency, which seemed to be the cause of most of the database issues on 64-bit Vista.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:12 am   

There isn't going to be any "native" 64-bit version of CMUD if that is what you are asking. My Delphi compiler only generates 32-bit applications. But in terms of compatibility, the 32-bit version should work fine on 64-bit Windows. I know several people have tested that. And yes, if there is a problem with MDAC on 64-bit, then that problem will go away with the new mapper.
Tegan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:46 am   

Is that the mapper update that is currently in beta? I see some people talking about SQLite in there.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:05 am   

Yes, the mapper update is currently in progress and will convert the map database format from MDAC/ADO to SQLite 3. SQLite is already used for various other database files used in CMUD, such as your session database, mud listing, help files, package library, and your session package files. So the mapper is the only file that currently still uses the MDAC format. Once the new mapper is available, you won't need ADO/MDAC/Jet libraries unless you need to convert your old *.MDB map database into the new format.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: