Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:59 pm   

[2.33] Ctrl-tab sends Tab instead of switching window

Now, I'm sure some people will say, if you are in character mode, Ctrl-Tab should send Ctrl-Tab down the wire to whatever you are connected to. But I think it is sending just a Tab (because Bash responds as if I've sent a Tab). And I'd like it to switch between my session windows, which it certainly isn't. Wink
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:18 am   

Well, in Character Mode, NONE of the normal Windows keys are going to work like you'd expect. That's the definition of Character Mode. Ctrl-Tab should be sending Ctrl-Tab to the server. You can check this by opening the Script Debugger and turn on the Show Raw Input/Output to see exactly what TeSSH is sending to the server.

But TeSSH definitely isn't going to kludge this to switch session windows. Just like Ctrl-C doesn't do Copy, and Ctrl-V doesn't do a paste. If the command line has the focus, then Ctrl-Tab should switch windows, but not if the output window has focus in character mode. Making exceptions for certain keys defeats the purpose of character mode.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:54 am   

Fair enough. This is what TeSSH is sending to the server:
Code:
i     IVRA3 ><9>
i     IVRA3 <<CR><LF>
Display all 2464 possibilities? (y or n)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:51 am   

OK, definitely looks like a bug in the keyboard override routine that isn't handling the Ctrl/Shift/Alt stuff properly. Added to bug list.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:32 pm   

Fixed in v2.34
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » TeSSH Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: