Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
misaochankun
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:30 pm   

[2.33] zScript triggers no longer function

After updating to 2.33 recently, I noticed that all the zScript triggers I use no longer fire.
They are all very simple triggers that do things like #cw or just a typed response, for certain words.
I don't see anything disabled, and the triggers look correct.

Also, recently, I have noticed that the atconnect alias that I use for auto logins seems to be disabled.
I can not longer auto login to anything.

I run Vista, 32-Bit.
This happens for characters that were imported from zMud, I don't think I have created any fresh characters.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:40 pm   

Make sure the "Enable Triggers" command in the Options menu is checked...that enables/disables triggers globally within a window. I'm not seeing any problems with zScript #cw triggers here. If you still have trouble, you'll need to post the exact trigger definitions.

Also, CMUD doesn't use the "atconnect" alias. Please see the Changes for zMUD Users for information on what is different in CMUD. CMUD uses Events, so there is an event called "OnConnect" that you can use to do what the old atconnect alias used to do.
misaochankun
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:32 pm   

Zugg wrote:
Make sure the "Enable Triggers" command in the Options menu is checked...that enables/disables triggers globally within a window. I'm not seeing any problems with zScript #cw triggers here. If you still have trouble, you'll need to post the exact trigger definitions.

Also, CMUD doesn't use the "atconnect" alias. Please see the Changes for zMUD Users for information on what is different in CMUD. CMUD uses Events, so there is an event called "OnConnect" that you can use to do what the old atconnect alias used to do.

Enable Triggers is checked.
Here is an example of one:

Pattern: */ A new ISO has been posted. /*
Language: zScript
Run: iso

I probably knew the OnConnect change, but I am guessing something ate the entry, and since I converted, the atconnect remained, so I didn't register it. Thanks.
Toxic
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:50 pm   

You need to post us the xml of your trigger along with the output from the mud your trying to match.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:53 pm   

Well, keep in mind that the * character is a wildcard, so if you are trying to match an actual "*" character from the MUD, then you need to put ~ characters in front of it. I just tried this:

#TRIGGER {~*/ A new ISO has been posted. /~*} {iso}
#SHOW "*/ A new ISO has been posted. /*"

and it worked fine here and sent "iso" to the MUD. Try this in a blank session (just run CMUD and close the Sessions window) and then try it in your own session. If it works in the blank session and not in your existing session, then it's still a problem with one of your preferences.
misaochankun
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:54 pm   

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
- <cmud>
- <trigger priority="340">
<pattern>*/ A new ISO has been posted. /*</pattern>
<value>iso</value>
</trigger>
</cmud>

Output from mu*:

*/ A new ISO has been posted. /*
misaochankun
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:55 pm   

I should also note, the trigger worked before I did this most recent update to 2.33
Toxic
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:48 pm   

The trigger 'should' work like that because the * in the pattern just wildcards out the * in the output. But to build it more effenciently try the pattern that Zugg mentioned.

Your pattern should match "blah123/ A new ISO has been posted. /blah123" as well as "*/ A new ISO has been posted. /*".

But the correct pattern is #TR {~*/ A new ISO has been posted. /~*} as noted by Zugg. Unless for some reason its trying to interpret the / as a wildcard. But it shouldnt unless the pattern is regex, which according to your xml it isnt.
misaochankun
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:48 pm   

Gave your trigger a try, and did the show, and as before, the trigger fails to do anything.
This can be simple command triggers, color replacement triggers, or whatever.
Something weird happened when I installed 2.33.
I know my triggers worked moments before installing 2.33, and now they do not.
No settings are disabled, so I'm at a loss as to why.
shaun.murray
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:20 am   

what about the settings for the trigger? IE "trigger on trigger" "trigger on prompt" "trigger on newline" ect ect? i've had it a couple of times, where a setting in there would get jacked up, dunno how or why, but correcting that usually fixed a trigger or two... =D
misaochankun
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:57 am   

Doesn't seem to help.
I'll keep poking around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: