Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Stephenos
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:03 am   

Settings editor problem

When using the settings editor, it will eventually 'lock up' so that I cannot create/edit settings. The editor will not let me select a setting type (e.g. Aliases, Variables, etc.) and the right panel will only display the session class. I have to completely close CMUD and then restart to get the editor to be usable again.
acaykath
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:54 am   

I had the same problem, it disappeared for a while when I created a new session and imported my settings, which led me to believe it was a corrupted settings file, but soon a few hours later the problem occurred again. Sometimes just waiting (like hours not minutes) and reopening the settings editor fixes it, sometimes it requires a full reboot of cMud.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:38 am   

I see this as well. Same things as you have mentioned. It is extremely strange that waiting a long time sometimes fixes it. Normally I just have to restart Cmud to get it back to normal.
acaykath
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:41 pm   

Well, I'm just too lazy to go through the process of restarting cMud, I doubt anyone else is as ... patient as I am *cough8180hourcharactercough* But, if im in a hurry, restarting cMud seems to be the only way to force it to work.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:36 pm   

This kind of problem is *very* dependent upon exactly what scripts are running while you have the package editor open. So it's going to be impossible to fix or reproduce without someone trying to narrow down exactly which script is causing the settings editor to lock up.
acaykath
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:06 pm   

well I have triggers set to display, so next time it happens I'll screenshot it since I can't seem to get it to happen on purpose. (Thats the annoying this about the bugs in cMud they only happen when you aren't ready for them.)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:12 pm   

Quote:
Thats the annoying this about the bugs in cMud they only happen when you aren't ready for them

Well, and that's what makes them really hard for me to fix too. I can only fix them if I can make them happen here when I'm running Delphi. But yeah, post a screenshot or debugger output and hopefully I can figure it out. I'm also going to let my own MUD session run for a few hours with the package editor open to see what happens.
mahony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:37 pm   

I have the same problem. And I have the last version (334). The thing is that something like that never happend in Zmud. In Cmud it is happening sooo often. I'm right now in the proces trying to get my zmud settings to cmud and it's so annoying to restart cmud so often.
Is there something I can do?
thanks for any advice.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:27 pm   

If you have your package editor set to always on top, sometimes pop ups will pop up underneath it, so you won't be able to see them, but they steal the focus and won't allow you to do anything else. If that's what happens, pressing enter will select one of the buttons and close the pop up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: