Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
illyism
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:30 pm   

Autologger

This is an autologger I made, with the commands LOGS, you get a pop-up window giving you further commands.

SETSTARTLOG <first text after password entry>
LOGS gives you a list of the other commands.

Code:
#CLASS {autologger}
#ALIAS StartTodayLog {#log %time( dd-mm-yy-hh-mm).txt;#additem loglist %time( dd-mm-yy-hh-mm).txt}
#ALIAS logs {#PICK {p:What log you do you want to view?} {list the logs:#echo copy the log you want to view to your clipboard and enter viewlogs;#forall @loglist {#echo %i}} {View Log in clipboard:viewlogs} {view last log:lastlog} {About:#echo This was made, written and coded by Illyism.}}
#ALIAS viewlogs {#WIN logreader read %clip}
#ALIAS lastlog {#var lognums %numitems( @loglist);#win logreader read %item( @loglist, @lognums)}
#ALIAS Setstartlog {#class autologger;#tr {%-1} {starttodaylog};#class 0}
#VAR loglist ""
#var lognums ""
#CLASS 0

correct me if you see any errors.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:46 pm   

If I were you, I'd use a static trigger for starting the log and change a variable with the SetStartLog trigger which is used in the pattern of that trigger. You might also want an alarm to change the date at midnight.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
illyism
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:04 pm   

I've forgotten to add, you'll need to run this manually(I don't know any other way).

#win logreader
#tr {read (*)} {#read %1}
jlatessa

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:10 pm   autologger

I'm looking for something to auto-log and change log files on a new date without having to reinstate the session.

Would this script work in such a fashion?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:14 pm   

Nope. Auto-logging is really simple:

#trig {some message you recieve at login, preferably after your password} {#log %concat(C:\yourlogpathhere\yourlognamehere-",%time(yyyy-mm-dd),".txt")}

then you have a couple of options for updating the log date. If your MUD has a message for when it's midnight, change the above to

#trig {{some message you recieve at login, preferably after your password|midnight message}} {#log %concat(C:\yourlogpathhere\yourlognamehere-",%time(yyyy-mm-dd),".txt")}

If it doesn't use this as well as the first trigger:

#alarm 00:00:00 {#log %concat(C:\yourlogpathhere\yourlognamehere-",%time(yyyy-mm-dd),".txt")}

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Qaiia
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:57 pm   

As an alternative, I use an #ALIAS of atconnect, which will start logging upon connection to the server. Not recommended if the server displays your password in clear text, though.

Code:
#ALIAS atconnect {#LOG %concat("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\logs\", %time("yyyy-mm-dd"), ".txt")}

Used above with the #ALARM Fang posted, could work well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:48 pm   I found I had to use quotes in CMUD 2.37

Just an update I found using CMUD 2.37.

I found the below listed trigger wouldn't fire correctly until I added quotes like Qaiia has in her code example.

Quote:

[quote="Fang Xianfu"]Nope. Auto-logging is really simple:

Code:
#trig {some message you recieve at login, preferably after your password} {#log %concat(C:\yourlogpathhere\yourlognamehere-",%time(yyyy-mm-dd),".txt")}

Changed to:
Code:

#trig {some message you recieve at login, preferably after your password} {#LOG %concat("C:\yourlogpathhere\yourlognamehere-",%time("yyyy-mm-dd"),".txt")}

After adding quotes it worked!
Thanks for the autolog code you two!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Finished MUD Scripts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: