Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
dogotemn
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:28 pm   

Correct Packaging?

ok.. so i've thumbed around the help files for a good minute and fooled with some trial and error to no avail... so here i ask: what is the proper way to package individual, standalone scripts that correctly work as if written in your main "window" ? for instance, i have a "map" class as part of my main window that captures automap text and throws it in its own window... if i move the class to the "map" window in an effort to package it all in one script, it stops working. i assume there is something i'm not grasping here. appreciate the help.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:32 pm   

Triggers in a window apply only to that window. Hopefully that should make sense now I've said it.

I assume you already have a new package with the map window in it. Create a new module in this package - make it an external module. This means that the triggers and stuff in it only apply outside the current package, so they'll work in the main window but not the map window. Put your map class in there and you should be laughing.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
dogotemn
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:20 am   

ow. ok i think this is working, though i did lose a very complex prompt script just now cut n pasting from one package to another. yuck. just wouldnt let me paste.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: