Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Jaegord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:21 am   

Alarm problems.

Using CMUD 2.12 and 2.13, I've discovered that, eventually, my alarms will no longer work. I'm not sure what could cause this, but I'm not sure what to do. At first, they work perfectly. And eventually, no longer work for that session. What could be causing this?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the same alarms will fire correctly if I use the Execute Script option, but if triggered any other way, the alarm does nothing.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:44 am   

Can you give some more information about the alarms?

Are they disabled? Are they in a disabled class, module or package? Can you post the code for some of the alarms you are having trouble with?

Does manually disabling and enabling fix this problem? Remember some of the threading rules changed in 2.12 and 2.13, so you may want to review some of the threads related to that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:57 am   

They are just simple things. I have an alarm that resets a variable after a few seconds, but they are in different modules. It uses the main window to store the alarm, but all of the modules are marked as global. It worked before the last two versions, so I must need to read more about the changes.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:17 pm   

Please post the exact alarm code that isn't working. You can go into your alarm and click the XML tab and then post it within [code] tags here in the forum.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:33 pm   

I found a way to make #Alarms fail.
Since #ALARMS don't fire in a window without an active connection, you need to test in a regular session (instead of just hitting ESC).

#ALARM -6 {#ADD fired 1;#SHOW {alarm fired fine on try @fired}}
#WIN TEST

Works fine and dandy, until.... you click inside the 'test' window to give it focus, then it no longer fires.

Returning focus to the main session window and the alarm works fine again.

I would assume that if you have multiple sessions tabed together into one layout, then only the session with focus would fire alarms.
(I run each session in a separate instance of CMUD)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:38 am   

I went with a simple set-up in the end, which solved my problem. I was using multiple modules with a single window, and the alarms would be placed in the window, and wouldn't do anything. Like I said, if I manually executed the trigger that created the alarm, it would work flawlessly. Otherwise, it wouldn't do anything, even if I used thread commands. It wouldn't even show up using #THREAD. I'm not sure if it's just my fault or not, but I just lost the modules, and now it works.

I'll create something similar and see if it does the same thing.
ardwick
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:20 pm   

I am having this same issue. Alarms work while the window is active, switch to a different window and they stop firing.

shalimar wrote:
I found a way to make #Alarms fail.
Since #ALARMS don't fire in a window without an active connection, you need to test in a regular session (instead of just hitting ESC).

#ALARM -6 {#ADD fired 1;#SHOW {alarm fired fine on try @fired}}
#WIN TEST

Works fine and dandy, until.... you click inside the 'test' window to give it focus, then it no longer fires.

Returning focus to the main session window and the alarm works fine again.

I would assume that if you have multiple sessions tabed together into one layout, then only the session with focus would fire alarms.
(I run each session in a separate instance of CMUD)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:02 pm   

Confirmed. This is a serious problem that I'll try to get fixed in today's version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: