Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:25 am   

Special thanks to Beta testers!

On the eve of Thanksgiving here in the U.S., I wanted to say again how thankful I am for all of the help that all of you have provided in testing CMUD. I know that it has been a lot of hard work. We have a lot fewer beta testers for CMUD than we used to for zMUD, and that makes it even harder on the few people who are testing. I think CMUD has come a *long* way in the past year, and that is mostly due to the bug testing and the excellent suggestions that you have all provided. I don't know very many people who could read some of those mind-numbing threads on "scoping" and not only understand them, but add insight and ask useful questions about it.

Anyway, I apologize in advance if I don't mention you by name, but I wanted to specially thank the following people who have really gone above and beyond by providing high-quality bug reports, help, and suggestions:

Vijilante (king of CMUD stress-testing and obscure bug reporting ;)
Fang Xianfu (the reason Lua support was added to CMUD)
Tech
Seb
Guinn
Larkin
JQuilici
Asilient_1
Malach
Taz
Rorso

I hope all of the effort has been worth the pain. Thanks for hanging in there.
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:10 am   

Mr. Green
Have a good Thanksgiving Zugg & Chiara!
bortaS
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:23 am   

Enjoy your Thanksgiving Zugg & Chiara! Mr. Green

We need to give Vijilante a special icon with a crown in it. His bug finding abilities are literally out of this world. Cool
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:26 am   

And thanks to Zugg for all your hard work and commitment, and to Chiara for putting up with it! Very Happy Happy Thanksgiving to you both!
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:56 am   

Happy Thanksgiving Zugg, Chiara, and your little cat too!

BortaS, thanks for the offer, but I love my beholder. All the little eyes are there to spot the bugs.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:40 am   

Thanks to you and Chiara Zugg!!! Without you many of us wouldn't have one of our passions.

You've released a great product and continue to make great improvements. Just being able to have such input into shaping a product is something to be thankful for itself. Keep up the great work and I hope you and the Mrs. enjoy the holidays.
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:53 am   

Yes, you spoil us with your comitment to such a great product.

Thanks and happy holidays!

::raises a turkey leg to salute Zugg::
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:20 am   

Have a great holiday season
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:01 pm   

Happy thanksgiving :)

And thank you as well. Despite the strange bugs and odd things I have to do before playing (such as clicking on the xml and then compiled tabs of a certain crucial expression trigger before it works) its already many times better than zmud and I can't imagine going back. So well done :)
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:36 pm   

Thanks for the thanks and have a great Thanksgiving. So I can join in your celebrations you could send me some turkey but I think it would be rotten by the time it got here. Wink
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:37 pm   

Taz, if you're ever in the states just give us a call and I'll be happy to make you USerican Thanksgiving fresh!

Thanks all! We had a great day, great food, and Zugg isn't allowed back in the office until Monday!

And can I just add my thanks to all you wonderful beta testers to Zugg's? He couldn't do this without all of you!
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:50 am   Re: Special thanks to Beta testers!

Zugg wrote:
I think CMUD has come a *long* way in the past year, and that is mostly due to the bug testing and the excellent suggestions that you have all provided.

The beta version is very different from the current public version and I find it much more enjoyable to use. It ought to be much more stable than the public version but we'll see what happens once it's released Very Happy. I suspect that this is just the beginning. With the MyMUDs project on its way and mapper upgrade it might very well change the way MUDs are played entirely. There's a lot of things to be excited about. Thanks for the thanks and happy holidays.
JQuilici
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:12 pm   

Gosh, I'm honored. So far, I have only chimed in on a couple of issues in the last handful of versions, so I'm not sure I deserve a spot next to prolific bug-detectors like Vijilante, Fang & co. But it's nice to know it's been helpful. Very Happy Thanks for the mention, and I hope you had a good few days off.

Now that the (first) holiday is over, time to find some more corner cases! After I catch up on the week's-worth of posts I didn't read while gone...
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:09 pm   

I gave this careful thought, and even though you don't have a lot of posts, your posts that helped clarify the search/scoping rules were *very* useful, as were your test scripts for scoping. :)
Asilient_1
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:14 am   

I've not had much chance to post lately, but I hope you guys had a good holiday at least. :)

As with JQuilici, I'm slightly surprised to have been mentioned on that list myself, but thankful all the same.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:09 am   

I think we're all just bad at taking praise. I was originally going to post with some dubiousness at being called "the reason" for, well, anything, but then decided just to take it in the spirit it was intended :)

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:38 am   

I'm not at all surprised that I'm not on the list. I wished I could have helped more. With being promoted to wizard, I couldn't really get a 'player perspective' for testing most of the time. Also, there was that time where I had CMUDPro beside normal CMUD and was reporting bugs for a version that was 2-3 revisions ago because I didn't update both apps...

However, I am thankful that #input inside of a #pick works in CMUD now! ;)
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:13 pm   

Also, I should probably admit that this post was biased towards those people reporting bugs in the forum. Most people don't use their forum handle when sending crash dumps, so it's hard sometimes to connect the "forum person" with the "crash dump person". And several people who I did *not* mention in this thread have been very useful in reporting crash dumps and not necessarily posting to the forum.

One of these days maybe I'll get the time to modify my crash dump database so that it does some sort of lookup (like based on email address) to display the forum username for a crash dump. I've embarrassed myself a number of times by not noticing that a crash dump and a forum post were actually coming from the same person and I just didn't notice ;)

But I definitely also appreciate all of those people who keep sending in their crash dumps!
ridek724

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:32 am   Re: Special thanks to Beta testers!

Zugg wrote:
On the eve of Thanksgiving here in the U.S., I wanted to say again how thankful I am for all of the help that all of you have provided in testing CMUD. I know that it has been a lot of hard work. We have a lot fewer beta testers for CMUD than we used to for zMUD, usps tracking and that makes it even harder on the few people who are testing. I think CMUD has come a *long* way in the past year, and that is mostly due to the bug testing and the excellent suggestions that you have all provided. I don't know very many people who could read some of those mind-numbing threads on "scoping" and not only understand them, but add insight and ask useful questions about it.

Anyway, I apologize in advance if I don't mention you by name, but I wanted to specially thank the following people who have really gone above and beyond by providing high-quality bug reports, help, and suggestions:

Vijilante (king of CMUD stress-testing and obscure bug reporting ;)
Fang Xianfu (the reason Lua support was added to CMUD)
Tech
Seb
Guinn
Larkin
JQuilici

Asilient_1
Malach
Taz
Rorso

Iam looking for this from last 6 months, Thanks for helping us.
Thanks & Regards
Ridek
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: