Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Caharin
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:19 am   

Autolog

lo there, being a zmud owner and being quite behind on the hipe i downloaded a cmud trial copy before i go ahead and buy it. I had a small issue thats likely fixed easily. whenever i make any kind of alias, macro, trigger, whatever and save it upon reopening cmud they do not function. they are are however listed under the tabs i created them in and i solved the problem but would like to make a more permanent solution. if i click settings and bring up a list of all my settings there is a root folder called autolog that is not enabled by default. once i enable it the settings function as they should. it is however tedious to have to enable it each time i connect to a mud.

If i click the folder it brings up 4 choices i can check 'enable class whenc onnecting, disable class when connecting set default when executing sub menu class. i've tried enabling it when connecting but it still does not enable autolog. if you could help me i would appreciate it and if not and i could offer more information please let me know

~Caharin
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:35 am   

Which version of CMUD are you using?

Autolog shouldn't be affecting your other settings like this. The reason it's always disabled is because it disables itself when you log on - it contains triggers that send your name and password to the MUD, and obviously you don't want that happening during normal play, only when you log in.

You say "they are however listed under the tabs I created them in" - what do you mean? If a screenshot might help you explain, you can upload it here.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Caharin
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:39 pm   

hey bud thanks for the reply. by my quote "they are however listed under the tabs I created them in" i ment if i click on alias it will list all the ones i've created and the same for the rest. the problem is 'autolog' begins disabled and i always have to manually enable it for any of the things i've created to function.

i've uploaded a screenshot to help you see what i mean
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/1531/autologhe8.jpg

you'll notice the autolog is grayed out and disabled. that is the file i need to enable for anything to work like i want it to and that is what i need help with.

~caharin
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:31 pm   

Your problem seems pretty obvious from that screenshot - your aliases are inside the disabled autolog class. The way this class works normally is that it's set to enable itself on startup. It then contains two triggers, one that matches the line like "What is your name?" and sends your name, and one that matches the line like "What is your password?" and sends your password and then disables the autologin class (I say like like because the lines your MUD sends may be different). You configure this the second time you log into any particular session - The first two prompts and the first two commands pop up in a window that asks if you want to create an autologin trigger. That'll create the autologin class.

All you need to do to fix this is to move the aliases (and any other settings you have - except your autologin triggers) outside the autologin class. The easiest way to do that is to click the Settings button on the toolbar so the package editor opens without any filters on (the Aliases, Triggers etc toolbar buttons open the Package Editor with a filter for that kind of setting - you can see the filters on the left side of the Editor), then highlight all the settings you want to move, and drag them over the "cardea" window entry. That'll move them into the root of the window.

EDIT: Also, on a totally irrelevant note, what's the T icon next to WoW in your QuickLaunch? I swear I recognise it from somewhere.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:38 pm   

Could be the burning crusade expansion pack maybe?
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:29 am   

thanks a ton for your help. makes me feel foolish that i missed such an obvious solution. as far as the 't' its for the WoW ptr test realm hehe. thanks again

~caharin
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: