Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:45 pm   

CMUD and CMUDPro v2.07 released

I have released the 2.07 BETA version of CMUD. I have also released the 2.07 BETA version of CMUDPro (CMUD with SSH support).

This version fixes many bugs in v2.06, and should be more stable than previous versions. Still some more bugs to fix though. Please see the Version History for details on the bugs that were fixed. In particular, it should fix a lot of the thread problems and screen blanking problems that were making it hard for people to use previous versions.

As always, be sure to CREATE A NEW POST to report a bug in this version. Be sure to put the version number in your post subject, like [2.07] and be sure to mention what version of Windows you are using. Please give as much information about the bug as possible. The easier it is to reproduce, the quicker it will get fixed. If you get a crash, be sure and send the crash dump report so that I can collect as much information on crashes as possible.

CMUDPro is a completely separate download, and also has a separate license. It has it's own 30-day free trial. I am offering a good discount for a limited time for existing CMUD users. If you bought CMUD and want to upgrade to CMUD Pro, log into your store account at https://www.zuggsoft.com/store (If you forgot your password, use the Recover Password link on that page). Once you are logged in, simply add CMUDPro to your shopping cart. It should show a discount of $30 with a total price of $9.95.

You can also buy CMUDPro separately for $39.95 if you don't already have CMUD. The price of CMUDPro (and the upgrade) will increase when the public version is released. So take advantage of this discount while you can.

To Repeat: YOUR CMUD LICENSE WILL NOT WORK FOR CMUDPRO! You need a separate CMUD Pro license. The reason it's a separate product is to keep the price of the regular version of CMUD low for people who don't care about SSH support. SSH support is more of a business feature. Once CMUDPro SSH has been fully tested and the public version of CMUDPro is released, then I'll also release a business-oriented Telnet/SSH product called TeSSH that will be less expensive than CMUDPro but will strip out all of the MUD-related stuff (mapper, MUD list, speedwalking, etc).

In addition to the SSH Support, CMUDPro also enables the zMapper COM-based scripting plugin, even if you don't own zMapper. This allows you to view zMapper-enhanced maps within CMUDPro without zMapper, and allows you to use all of the COM-based scripting that is documented in the zMapper help file.

We are going to use the same forums for both CMUD and CMUDPro. So if you report a bug that is specific to the SSH part of CMUDPro, be sure and put CMUDPro in the subject of the post.

Last edited by Zugg on Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:48 pm   

Note that if you reported a bug in one of the recent versions, go ahead and bump your post and let me know if it's fixed in v2.07 or not. I didn't get to all of the bugs on the list yet, so several of the reported bugs are not fixed. However, several of the bug fixes were to some low-level routines that could have side effects and could have explained a lot of "weird" behavior. So it's possible that some bugs got fixed because of these low-level changes. It's also possible that these changed introduced new problems.

I've been using this version a lot to MUD for many hours each night, and it's getting a lot more stable for me. Still a few rare crashes and hangs that I'm still working on, so if that happens, post as much detail as you can to a different forum topic. Always try pressing ESC to see if it recovers from a hang, and then scroll back to check to see if the trigger that hung got executed or not. For example, if it hangs on a #COLOR trigger, press ESC and then scroll back and see if the color was changed or not. That's an important piece of information in tracking down thread hangs.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: