Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Churlant
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:22 pm   

Variables and Triggers - easy question

It's been a while since I've done some major scripting, and I'm running up on what's probably a problem with a simple solution.

Basically I want to capture a specific mobile name with a #PR command, then convert that variable to a literal string and add a trigger to the profile.

The line as it is now:

#AL immune {#PR immune_mob "Enter the mob name";#TR {@immune_mob} {#ECHO +++THIS MOB IS IMMUNE TO PHYSICAL DAMAGE} Immunity}

Now obviously what happens is the alias adds a trigger when I type "immune", but that trigger has the actual variable "@immune_mob" as a matching string, rather than the literal name OF that variable (Say the mob named "Churlant" for instance). What I'd ideally want is to have a trigger added to the profile which matches Churlant and not @immune_mob, whatever that variable happens to be at the time.

-JC
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:00 pm   

Try using %eval to expand the variable in the trigger pattern. This problem would be a lot easier to fix in CMUD :(

Also, if you have any further questions, please type out the whole name of the command unless it's an obvious one. For a while, I was confused by that script because I thought you meant #priority.

EDIT: It just occurred to me, maybe you'd prefer a more simple solution to the rather complicated one you're using there. You could potentially end up with a LOT of triggers. Try this:

#alias immune {#additem ImmuneMobList {%-1}}
#trig {{@ImmuneMobList}} {#echo +++THIS MOB IS IMMUNE TO PHYSICAL ATTACKS+++}

This'll keep your mobs in a single variable, and have the trigger fire on anything that's an item in that variable.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Churlant
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:13 pm   

I tried a number of options, I believe %eval was one of them, however I'm just as inclined to go with your simplified version.

Is it possible to add the name using a prompt, or will it have to be a command line input such as "immune mobname" ?
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:02 am   

Sure. Replace %-1 with the %prompt of your choice - just make sure you use the function and not the command.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: