Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Kaotac
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:32 am   

Centering map with #walk?

I have a map, and I use the #walk command with it. But when I use #walk, the map doesn't move. Is there a way to use #walk or something like it that will center the map as I use the command? I have the box in the properties checked.
Kaotac
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:24 am   

Is no one able to help me out with this?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:07 pm   

Do you mean that the blue dot representing your location doesn't move, or that the map doesn't follows its movement?

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Kaotac
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:59 am   

When I use #walk, the dot moves, but I need to scroll manually to keep the dot in view. But when I use the actual directions to move, the map centers on the room I just moved to.. I'd like to be able to do that with #walk or something similar.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:06 am   

#WALK properly centers for me.

You have the proper preferences set? Looks like the only relevent one is "Center map after every movement", but you probably have this checked already. Another one that's not very related to centering but which might still affect movement would be "Room Description Changes". If you don't have this checked and the room description changes compared to what's in the database for that room, you won't move into that room.

Beyond preferences, maybe there's something wrong with your config? Do you have any other blue-dot movement issues or rooms not having correct info?

A very slight possibility exists that something got corrupted in the zmud/mapper module core rather than in your actual data. Because these things are almost unique to the afflicted user, a simple reinstall should fix things in a quick manner. Keep in mind that this is almost never the solution, but it's something to keep in mind when other things aren't working. I've mostly experienced stuff like this in the scripter/parser region of ZMud, though, with things like multi-state triggers refusing to execute (the patterns all match, because if they were in separate triggers it all worked properly) and even script commands operating in ways different than documented or different than last week.
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:52 am   

I worked out how to do what I wanted. I checked the "Update map on each step" box
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: