Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Scirkhan
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:08 am   

#'s, %'s and variables in %if?

Commands like %add in %if statements send %add to the game instead? it did for me.

My question, can you use @variables in the true and false statement of %if?
The syntax checker didn't have a problem with it (it does with #add), so i was curious if %if works with variables, predefined variables, and %commands.

Code:
#trigger {^@prompt}  {#if (%line = @prompt) {#gag;%if ("@prompt" = "@prompt",#sayp off,%add counter 1)}}

#var add %add
#trigger {^@prompt}  {#if (%line2 = @prompt) {#gag;%if ("@prompt" = "@prompt",@counter,@add counter 1)}}

@counter sends the value of counter
@add sends %add, i tried making it expand but expand is %expand
the @prompt's are fine.
I asked this question because i tried making a trigger to fire off my prompt which happens to have a space at the end of it
and it was a different trigger similiar to, {@prompt(*)$} i had a problem with the wildcard. *matches Any number of characters*
i tried with regex as i understood some of it and spent a bit learning about but i failed there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How can i get something like sayp, showp that doesn't set off triggers?
#sayp will set off a trigger

I will likely post an actual script tomorrow, not a bunch of junk but those up there are likely to be in the same situation.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Scirkhan on Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:53 pm   

I read your post a few times and couldn't quite tell what you were asking. Can you rephrase it, or better yet post an example of some code that isn't working.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:26 pm   

First of all, there is no function %add. Second of all, #ADD must have a command. For instance,

#ADD variable 1

will add 1 to a variable.

Another thing - #IF is the command you want to use in this case.

Code:
#trigger {^@prompt}  {#if (%line = @prompt) {#gag;#if ("@prompt" = "@prompt") {#sayp off;#add counter 1}}

#trigger {^@prompt}  {#if (%line2 = @prompt) {#gag;#if ("@prompt" = "@prompt") {@counter;#add counter 1}}

I can't quite explain the difference between #commands and %functions, but I do know how to use them. :P Rule of thumb - #commands will follow a ; or {. %functions will come in the middle of a string... for instance:

#SHOW This is a %if(1=1,true,false) test.

or

#IF (1=1) {#SHOW This is a true test.} {#SHOW This is a false test.}

That's the way I put it - functions in the middle of a string, commands after a ; or { (or even at the beginning).

Charneus

EDIT: By the way, to set your #SAYP or #SHOW to not set off triggers, try this approach:

#T- {Trigger you don't want to set off};#SHOW blah blah blah;#T+ {Trigger you didn't want set off}

Last edited by charneus on Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:44 am   

Charneus is right about the difference between commands and functions. Another way to think of it is that every line must begin with a command (a zScript command, or one to send to the MUD). Functions can't be at the beginning of lines.

You cannot have a space between the %if function and its opening bracket - it won't work.

And also, it seems a bit superfluous to do #trig {^@prompt} {#if (%line=@prompt) {}} because the lines this trigger matches will always equal @prompt.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Scirkhan
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:44 am   

Okay, thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: