Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

telepasea
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:30 pm   

Dot not following in follow mode.

When I am in follow mode, sometimes the dot won't follow me through some rooms. What can I do to fix that?

Please help if you know what to do! Thanks! :)
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:13 pm   

Are you using zMapper with zMud or cMud? (And just double checking, you are using zMapper and not the built in mapper in z/cMud, yes?) Usually the dot not following means that your z/cMud settings are not correct, assuming you're using zMapper with one of those programs, so your question more correctly belongs in one of those forums, but I'll take a stab at answering it here anyway:

The map probably isn't recognizing those rooms, either because your data capture settings are off or because the data stored for those rooms is incorrect. Using the properties dialog in the mapper, make sure the data for those rooms is correct -- room name, description, etc. I'm guessing that's probably where your problem is. If that's all correct, then you need to look at the data you get when you enter those rooms, and see if you get any data that ISN'T part of the proper room name/description, but that looks like it could be to the map. If that's the case, then you'll want to code around it using, e.g., #tag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: