Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
lummis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:33 pm   

Minimize / Maximize / Restore down / Restore isn't working

I see another report that "minimize to task bar doesn't work". It's more general than that. If I minimize the window the only way I can find to get it back is to close the program and start over. Also I can't get a windowed view, only full screen or minimized. If you could get the upper right corner icons to perform the normal windowing conventions it would be much appreciated. Other than that this is a terrific program. Thanks for putting it together and making it available. I've been using it a lot in spite of the windowing problem. Also, I haven't seen an explanation anywhere of what the black oval and the solid triangle icons are supposed to do - but they don't do anything useful so far as I can see.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:40 am   

When you minimize zExplorer, it actually minimizes to a small bar in the lower-left corner of your screen, just above your normal Windows task bar. So it might be hiding behind some other windows on your desktop. I still have no idea why it's doing that (since none of my other applications seem to have that trouble), but I'll try to fix it the next time I update the program.

What "black oval" and "solid triangle" icons are you referring to? Can you tell me where you see these on the screen?
lummis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:31 pm   

When I start zexplorer it is full-screen and at the top right corner I see 5 icons. From left to right they are: black oval (maybe it's a circle), black triangle pointing up, the normal minimize icon (underscore), the normal window icon, and the normal close icon (X). I was going to attach a file to this posting with a screen shot but I don't see how to do it.

The X terminates the program as usual.

The other 4 icons all do the same thing: they minimize the program to the task bar (not to the bottom left corner of the screen).

If I right-click or double-click on the minimized program the choices are (top to bottom): Restore (greyed out), Minimize (not greyed out), and Close (not greyed out). If I select Minimize at that point, even though it is already minimized, it remains minimized on the task bar but the choices change to: Restore (not greyed out), Minimize (greyed out), and Close (not greyed out). If I select Restore at that point the choices revert to the first set and it remains minimized.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:16 pm   

Quick note: attachments are disabled on this forum. You can use imageshack to upload images - it'll even generate the bbcode for you.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:24 pm   

Hmm, what version of Windows are you running? I only see the normal minimize, maximize, and close icons on my Windows XP system here.

If you are using an older version of Windows, then it might be a theming issue. In that case, the black-oval probably activates the "stay on top of other windows" feature, and the black triangle pointing up is probably the "rollup" button that collapses the window to just the caption bar.
lummis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:33 pm   

That's not it. I'm running Windows XP SP2 will all critical patches.

Are you using Java? I believe I'm running the latest Java and I know in work that caused some wierd problems with older Java apps.

Do I need a specific version of .net framework? At the moment I'm not sure which .net I have on my home computer (where the problem is).

I think I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling with a new download from your web site. If everything is still the same I'll get imageshack and try again to send you a screen shot or two.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:37 pm   

You don't need .net or Java, so it shouldn't be either of those.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: