Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next
needhelp3125
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:16 pm   

Please help with my mapper

Ok, I've followed the mapping help files to a T. now, the mapper works fine, but in my MUD (imperian.com) There are sometimes 2 lines of directions. How do I get the mapper to recognize the second line, and if it wont, how do i get the zMud to expand its lines? (I have about this much space left on the screen where the directions cut off and go to the next line: ) Please help ASAP Shocked
needhelp3125
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:23 pm   

does anyone know? I dont know which version I'm using Embarassed
needhelp3125
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:26 pm   

but again, the MUD is Imperian.com they even have a help zmud, but it doesnt say much about the mapper... Twisted Evil
needhelp3125
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:44 pm   

i see some people have replied... i dont know how to see them though
needhelp3125
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:47 pm   still cant see them

Cant see the replies... =(
needhelp3125
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:48 pm   

please PM me if needed.
needhelp3125
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:53 pm   

needhelp3125 wrote:
please PM me if needed.
PM
needhelp3125
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:03 pm   i STILL cant read the replies

i see that 6 people have replied, when i read the forum, i see only my own comments though. can anyone give me an email about this please? somebodytoldme2006@yahoo.com
Progonoi
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:12 pm   

For the record, you can edit your original message without generating that much spam... Twisted Evil

Prog

--------------------------------
Intel Core i5-650 3,2GHz
4 DD3 RAM
GTX 460 768MB
Win 7 Home Premium 64x
--------------------------------
needhelp3125
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:36 pm   Sorry

Sorry, but you are the first one i can see reply! I guess I was only seeing myself reply all those times =( do you have any insight on my matter though?
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:43 pm   

needhelp, you were the only one who was "responding" to your post. Those six replies were your own.

Incidently, if someone doesn't respond, it normally means they don't know how to solve your problem. As it stands, we have NO information on your situation except what you put in your first post, and that doesn't tell us anything at all. We need INPUT, not just your description of what's happening. Please provide more input, and maybe someone can help you.

Charneus
needhelp3125
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:21 pm   

like what kind of imput?

Antioch Shuk.
The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. Tents
crowd one another on either side of the road. With their flaps rolled up it is
difficult to tell where one tent ends and the next begins. There are boxes and
makeshift tables in each tent with various wares for sale. The crowd is very
loud as people yell to one another about the prices they've found for various
goods. Now and then the voices of some bargainers will be distinct enough to
make out the flowery curses they are throwing back and forth. This has been
marked as holy ground. A sewer grate looms darkly beneath your feet. A small
oil lamp made of tin and glass sits upon the floor, giving off a soft light. A
marble altar stands tall here, in supreme devotion to Vahin, the Protector, and
behind it rests a large carved towershield depicting a mace and sword, crossed
before a set of scales and surrounded by a strange runic script. Having had a
rough time with fire, a weapon case stands against the wall. A Justicar of the
Shah is manning a cannon here. He has sixty-eight cannon balls. A whimsical
midnight blue hammock with dangling moon and star beads sways gently in the
breeze here. A lithe, powerful cheetah roams here. Its long, smooth tail curled
around its legs, an exotic canine sits here peacefully. A small package,
wrapped in a grey cloth and tied with twine lies on the ground here. There are
27 Justicar of the Shahs here. There are 12 Muamrite archers here. There are 6
Antioch clerics here. An intricately carved muamrite guard's spear lies
abandoned here. A small, snow-white fox slinks about the room. The shining
figure of a Seraphic guardian floats in the air here. Seraphic Pride, Darenath
is here. He wields a spiritual mace in his left hand and a tower shield in his
right. Luvecerviere Evijan LeBlanc, A Desert Frost is here. She wields a sleek
javelin in her left hand and a tower shield in her right. Fists of Fire
Hadassah Ashtear Rabunrot is here. Jimek Qaqyesil is riding on a roan mustang.
Arcarn Elarien is here. He wields a curved sabre in each hand. You see a sign
here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
You see exits leading north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest,
west, and northwest.

Like that? ok, see how the exits are north, ne, e, se, s, sw on the first exit line? well, they pop up on the mapper, however, west and nw do NOT. How do I make the mapper pick up the second line of directions?
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:26 pm   

Yes.. and patience. Remember these are user forums.

Your first post was at 2pm EST and it's only 5pm EST. I've start looking for some stuff for you, but I'm at work. Sometimes it can take a day or two to get a response, especially if you want it to be meaningful. With that said here is some information you can provide.

First what are the instruction provided to you on the Imperian website?
What is your zMUD version? (It's shown when zMUD starts up or you can go to Help -> About in zMUD to find out.)

What are some examples of room descriptions? (Including the multiline exits)
Are you using custom scripts or the automatic mapper?
What is your mapper configuration?

Here's the only link I was able to find thus far, but without more information I doubt it will be useful to you. http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=16617

Last edited by Tech on Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:31 pm   

I did abit more digging and it sounds like the the simplest thing for you to do is disable linewrapping using CONFIG SCREENWIDTH 0

I don't play Imperian but it is discussed here. http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=25693&highlight=imperian+line+wrap
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:34 pm   

EDIT
Tech is right, if only Imperian actually let you set your line length. It doesn't, which is a bit of a bugger really.
END EDIT

Firstly, the replies you were seeing were your own. Nobody else replied except you :P

Secondly, writing proper triggers for IRE games is quite difficult, and usually involves ANSI regex triggers. If you look at the forum user Larkin's profile, his signature links to his website. On there you'll find mapping triggers for Achaea, which works very similarly to Imperian and can probably be adapted.

It sucks that Imperian doesn't let you adjust your line length - it'd more than likely fix this problem with no further intervention. What you're going to have to do if Larkin's methods don't work out is to compile both lines into a single string with a multistate trigger and then use the #tag command. Something like this might work:

#trig "ExitTrig" {You see exits leading (*)} {#if %ends("%1",".") {#tag exit;#state ExitTrig 0} {#var RoomExits "%1"}}
#cond {(*)} {#additem RoomExits "%1";#tag exit %replace(@RoomExits,"|"," ")}

#trig {You see a single exit} {#tag exit}

Last edited by Fang Xianfu on Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
needhelp3125
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:35 pm   

1. Nothing, just keep it "Verbose". (its the opposite of brief)
2. 4.62, and its the free trial version =|
3. Just that stuff I said above, thats the only prob, is that it isnt detecting the second line exits, the room descs are fine though.
4. automattic mapper under window -> automapper
5. everything is default

if there is anything else, let me know
needhelp3125
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:36 pm   

Linewrapping! of COURSE!!!! Thanks, ill try it, brb! =))
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:36 pm   

...4.62? I strongly suggest you upgrade - 7.21 is the most recent. 4.21 was released almost TEN YEARS ago!

EDIT: Please see my post above. Imperian doesn't let you set your line length :(
needhelp3125
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:40 pm   

like i said, its the free trial version. I dont really like paying for stuff that I see online, no offense though, its my parents really.. but anyway, its the 30-day trial, and i used some sort of "set your clock back 3 years and get -1059 days left to play" or something like that.
Zwartje
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:06 am   

wow! he wants free cake, eat it AND get instant support...

sorry, couldnt resist.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:37 pm   

He is actually using v4.62 illegally, it is not free as many people suggest. In fact it was v3.62a that was the last available public freeware version. By setting his computer clock to an earlier date he is in fact counter acting the copy protection and breaking the law.
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:14 pm   

needhelp3125 wrote:
like i said, its the free trial version. I dont really like paying for stuff that I see online, no offense though, its my parents really.. but anyway, its the 30-day trial, and i used some sort of "set your clock back 3 years and get -1059 days left to play" or something like that.

If you want to see future versions of of Zugg's MUD clients released you might want to consider support it by buying a copy. Supporting commercial clients also help supporting the MUD community. Making a high quality client like zMUD/cMUD is a lot of work.

Zuggsoft isn't like a big company like Microsoft. If people start to pirate zMUD/cMUD then Zuggsoft would probably pretty soon cease, bringing the MUD community back 10 years in client quality. Is that your goal needhelp3125?
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:34 pm   

Well, now that you mentioned you are using 4.62 illegally, I have no desire to continue to help you. And I'm sure many people feel the same way.

Grow some balls and purchase zMUD. If you want to use it, then it's definitely worth it. Otherwise, go use GMUD. We don't need illegal pirateers like you bringing down Zuggsoft.

A very pissed off Charneus
needhelp3125
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:44 pm   

whoa... I didnt know it wqs illegal... am I in trouble? I just got it from this other guy on a MUD about 6 months ago...

EDIT: was* im not in trouble am i?
EDIT: its just that, my parents arent that great on buying over the internet...
EDIT: and i HAVE balls charneus, thanks for noticing.
EDIT: what is gMUD and does -it- have a mapper?
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:03 pm   

GMUD is a very basic form of a client. No it doesn't have mapper. No, it doesn't have NEAR the capabilites of zMUD. It's not even associated with zMUD. I use that because if people want to circumvent EULA/copy protection, then they deserve no better than telnet.

It's breaking the law, needhelp3125. While highly doubtful that anything will come of this, I can bet that no one will want to help you unless it's other lawbreakers themselves. I bought zMUD, even though I could have easily used some sort of hack to make it always free. I'll also say this: zMUD and CMUD are the only things that I bought on my computer that made me feel like I was doing something right. Why? Because like it was said, Zuggsoft is not a big corporation like Microsoft. Without people buying zMUD/CMUD and the other applications, Zuggsoft would cease to exist. Why should Zugg feed to the frenzy of people who want stuff for free?

Your parents are not great on buying over the internet? There are other ways you can pay. Maybe, if you ask real nicely, you can ask Zugg for an address to send a payment. It's $30, something you can make by mowing 6 lawns if you do them at $5 apiece. However, in today's world, you can probably get $30 mowing just one lawn. Don't know how old you are, but I'm assuming you're old enough to get a job and start paying for your own stuff. Do I pay for every software on my computer? No. I openly admit to that. However, most of the "free" programs I have are because 1.) I've paid for it before, had to reformat and don't feel like shelling out another $100 for a product. or 2.) I use them for a limited time (past the trial, yes, but sometimes...) and after that, I'll remove it. It's no different than using a friend's computer who has the program to do the same thing.

Again, don't expect much help on your problems in the future until you pay for zMUD yourself. Hell, if your parents are so uppity about it, give the money to a friend whose parents don't mind. It's that simple. There are more ways than one to pay for zMUD.

Still very pissed off Charneus
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: