Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
talonnb
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:58 pm   

Why must sharing be so hard!?!

I share my system of triggers with others, and for some reason, when I send them the .mud file, it almost always either freezes the system opening, or it shows up blank and lags like heck. I mean, it works on some, and not on others is what I don't understand. Is this a known issue?
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:32 pm   

Not that I know of. When I want to share my Zmud settings though I export to a text file and send that.

Open your session. Open settings. Highlight the settings you want to send to your buddies. Click file. Click export to text.

Then as a test before you send the files. Open the text document and make sure the settings are actually there.

Next open a blank session in zmud by going to the session window and hitting escape.

Now open the settings editor. Click file. Click import text. Tell it where your text file is.

Are your settings there? If so now you can send them to your friends.

Note that sometimes your friends may have settings that conflict with the ones that you are sending them. If they do then there can be all sorts of issues.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:36 pm   

Another note is if they do not have the same version of Zmud that you have then your settings may be using newer features than the version that they are using. If this is the problem try to convince them to upgrade to your version. As a rule newer versions work with settings from any prior version.
talonnb
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:48 pm   

Been there, done that. Problem being with that is my system is retarded huge. It has around 500-1000 triggers, same variables, same aliases, sooo Zmud is nice enough to freeze up a computer when they do the importing......There has got to be another way, other than going Cmud of course, which is next on my list of things to do
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:49 pm   

That's because you .MUD contains more than just your triggers. A better way to share would be so send you friends the commands themselves that they can run and set up by exporting the triggers etc to a text file.

An even better option is to have you and your friends upgrade to CMUD, the next generation client. Not only is it faster with new features and will continue to get better, one of it major new features is the package is system which is designed to help you share scripts with others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: