Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
patryn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:09 am   

Suggestions please - importing exported xml

Right im just about to give up on this and do it all manually...

My zmud scripts scattered with %ansi() functions in the following format: %ansi( white)blah blah%ansi( red)blah

In Cmud I require that all spaces be removed so that the format looks like %ansi(white)blah blah%ansi(red)blah

Ok. So I exported all of the converted CMud code into an xml file (the entire package), I then used an external editor to do the %ansi replacement. So far so good.

The problem is that I cant seem to import it all back without corrupting something.

I have tried to export and import the same unchanged file, but this corrupts certain settings too... usually random triggers end up in the root folder

I imagine some of you must have gone through similar experiences so with that in mind Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get around this? (Without doing everything manually of course)

Using CMud 1.26
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:33 pm   

Well, since you are after suggestions... you could export your zmud scripts to a text editor, make the ansi changes in there, reimport into zMUD, and then reimport your mud file into CMUD. Of course you would lose any changes you have already made in CMUD unless you imported your MUD file into a new package and then moved suff back into your existing CMUD package.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: