Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Caelin
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 am   

Issue with 1.25

For some reason, my parsing is randomly "turning off". That is, I'll be walking around normally with an alias in my trigger that performs a certain action (ie, Healing). This means that I am spammed with the word Healing, as cMud is no longer processing it and a new healing alias is triggered every time the prompt is called.

This wasn't happening with 1.24, and I can stop it temporarily by turning off triggers. Unfortunately, a short bit later, it comes back.

Any suggestions?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:35 am   

I'll need more details on your exact triggers. Do you have any alarms running in the background that might be causing problems? Are you running more than one session or window? My guess is that something is the background is doing something to turn off parsing. I can't reproduce it without more information.
Caelin
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:45 am   

Zugg wrote:
I'll need more details on your exact triggers. Do you have any alarms running in the background that might be causing problems? Are you running more than one session or window? My guess is that something is the background is doing something to turn off parsing. I can't reproduce it without more information.

Nope, just one session, one window. My open packages are my character's .pkg, English Directions, English Keypad. My triggers for testing cMud are *very* simple. No alarms used. I've got no idea how to be more specific than this, I'm afraid-- except to say that nothing has changed in my operation of this testing before the upgrade or after.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:15 am   

This is happening to me too, I still don't have much info on it but what is happening to me at least is that when I am calling one alias from inside another one the alias isn't being executed.

Example.

#alias test {called}

#alias called {#say Testing.}

When I type test I see called in the mud window.

But if I do this.

#alias test {#exec "called"}

It works. The package is global, it is shared. I have other packages and they are working fine. Just this one package is giving issues.

One window, One Session. Multiple packages, Only one package is giving the issue.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:24 am   

Arminas, I just entered
Code:
#alias test {called}
#alias called {#say Testing.}

on the command line after pressing ESC to open a blank window. Then I entered "test" in the command line, and it displayed "Testing." as expected. So I still can't reproduce this. It's driving me crazy. Please folks, let's try to track this one down...it's serious and this is stopping me from releasing any new version until it's fixed.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:36 am   

No, you misunderstood I am sorry I wasn't clear enough.

Everything works normally within my main package. As stated above. But if I create those using the GUI in the mucked up package I get those results. I will keep trying to narrow it down, but do you want the messed up package?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:54 am   

Yes, please send me the package that is causing the problem. If I don't get this fixed tonight, then people are going to have to live with this problem for many weeks, and so I'd really like to figure it out and get it fixed.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:56 am   

I sent the package in question, it is very small and you will have no problem understanding it.

I sent it to support@zuggsoft.com with the subject: Corrupt Package File From Arminas

I'm still working on narrowing down WHY it isn't working though. And yes I know there are major problems with it;P But I also know what is wrong with all of it except why it suddenly isn't parsing.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:01 am   

Still no luck. I got your package. Here is how I used it:

1) I press ESC to open a blank session.
2) Click the Settings button in the toolbar to open the settings editor
3) Select File/Open and selected your DBSKILLS.PKG file
4) Click on the command line and entered:
test
5) and it displayed "test" on the screen.

To make sure it was the output of "called" that was running, I edited the "called" alias and changed the "#say test" to "#say works". Then when I typed "test" on the command line, it displayed "works" as expected.

So your package seems to run fine from here. Can you try this procedure and see if it works on your system. Otherwise I'll need to know exactly how you are using the package you sent me that is different from what I am doing.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:04 am   

Very odd, test IS working that way, BUT type dbforestry

That one isn't working for me that way, while test as you mentioned is now.
Caelin
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:06 am   

I just passed mine along with details on where in the .pkg the alias issue is.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:07 am   

OK, dbforestry doesn't work for me either. I'll take a look at the code and see if I can figure it out now that I have reproduced one of the problem cases.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:16 am   

Woohoo! I think I found it. It was a silly typo in some code that I modified in 1.25. I just downloaded a new version of 1.25, so download it (again) and give it a try and let me know if it's working now.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:21 am   

Works like a champ! Thanks Zugg for fixing this stuff so quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: