Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zwartje
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:55 pm   

Question about export to txt

I was wondering if it is still possible in CMUD to export settings to txt like in zMUD.
Up till now I wasnt able to find such option, only to XML.

The reason I liked this option was when making a set of similar aliases or triggers.

What I then did was create 1 alias, exported it to txt, load it into my external text editor, and there make the other aliases by copying, then import these back into zmud.

I can see it is still possible to import the text into cmud, but i miss the export.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:57 pm   

There is no text export option.

You can still do roughly the same thing by creating the alias manually on the command line. Just copy the script from the script box and create an #alias command around it. Equally, you can just copy and paste the setting in the treeview and manipulate it from there.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Caelin
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:45 am   

Is there any possibility of a future way to export to text or export a .mud file? (I can't see a way to separate the .mud from the .pkg now either)
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:23 am   

CMud does not create any .mud files, it only translates them from .mud to the .pkg format. Your .mud files are left untouched beyond this, and in fact CMud will begin to ignore them once the .pkg file is created.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:42 am   

Would there be any way to export it to a .mud in the future, so I could say, share some of my self-made scripts with someone on zMud? Without having to open up zMud and write my scripts there, and then import the .mud to a .pkg...
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:44 am   

Nope, CMud has things available which either don't work in ZMud or which work quite differently. Zugg is going to make the XML much more human-friendly, though.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:35 am   

I know with the XML format, I already had some problems. I exported a bunch of stuff out to XML, and when I imported it, many of my command separators were garbled junk like ;#x0D;# blah blah blah. So I'm not doing that again... :\

Charneus
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:47 am   

That's a known hiccup that will be addressed in the future. The current XML export is essentially an in-memory dump. This will be improved so you will find it much more useable in the future.
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:09 pm   

As a bit of an addendum the #xOD;#oxOA; are the XML version of the new line (form feed/carriage return) characters that are not being imported properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: