Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Caelin
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:04 pm   

Mapping Issues

I've had an issue recently. My cMUD map crashed-- when I tried to save it, cMUD gave me the standard "application crashed and program closing" bug window. Trying to open it after that point just continued to give me the same issue. I had to delete the whole thing and reload from a backup which, unfortunately, was a bit less than half of the map I had, but it's better than nothing.

My issue now is that the map isn't working at all. I can update the room names using the "Look" button on the mapper, but the links do not appear. Also, moving does not change my position. Using #queue {n} doesn't add "n" to my queue. In fact, nothing seems to be adding to the map queue at all. This seems to be two issues.

I've already checked to verify that the exits are correctly being #tagged as exits, which they are (I put a #say addition in the trigger that reads the exits).

Any thoughts? I've tried both with the mapper docked and with the mapper undocked, it's the same issue both ways.
Caelin
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:18 pm   

Anybody have any idea at all? I've continued trying to fiddle with it, modifying the #tags and moving them around, playing with the triggers, and so on, but no dice.
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:10 pm   

The mapper is quite buggy at the moment as it's just the zmud mapper without any tweaks. I'd suggest waiting for 1.25 which should be out in a week or so. Zugg has indicated he try to clear up some stability issues.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:07 pm   

Have you made sure you have loaded the English Directions package? Without directions, nothing will get added to your map queue...
Caelin
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:44 am   

Seb wrote:
Have you made sure you have loaded the English Directions package? Without directions, nothing will get added to your map queue...

Thanks. That was the issue. The directions package got dropped somehow while I was trying to recover my map.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:12 pm   

Thanks for the update. It's always nice to know when something is resolved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: