Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Sowenna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:05 am   

Special Characters in Aliases

Hi All,
Just got Cmud last night and am trying to move all my settings across from Zmud to Cmud, one group of my aliases however I cannot get to work. I'm sure this has been dealt with but after an hour searching the forum I have admitted defeat and post this in the hope of getting an answer.

I am using aliases such as ,1 or \2 but they will not fire from the command line however if I set an Alias HP for eample which calls ,1 it will do the required commands.

Any ideas anyone or will I need to recode my brain with aliases which don't start with special characters.

PS Keep up the good work Zugg...I love the feel of Cmud and can't wait for the bugs to be ironed out.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:23 am   

Because of the stricter parser, some of those aliases will need to be recoded. While I don't know all of them offhand, reserved character (@ for example), arithmetic operators (+ - /) and a few others can't be used. '_' is allowed so that's a good place to start.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:49 pm   

B&mmer! said Dougal...realising he was a dog...Thanks for the info...wish my brain was as easy to code as aliases.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:00 pm   

Actually, some of the reserved characters can be used. The rest can't, though.
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:11 am   

And actually, there is a bug in CMUD 1.24 that also causes problems with this, so many aliases that should be able to be used still won't work.

Also, keep in mind that special characters at the start of aliases will only ever be supported from the command line. You won't ever be able to call these aliases from within scripts. But if all you want is command line aliases, then this should be fixed in one of the next versions.
Ohtar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:19 am   ~ and special characters

Won't ~@command still work?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: