Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
xathil
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:48 am   

ugh. conversion is a pain.

finally decided to try cmud because i figured the package thing would be really useful when running 112 different sessions that tend to deal with similar stuff...

but then i installed and then i found that it converts most of the database... except... the session ids dont get transfered... and neither do the session names. and i cant seem to edit the comments (i sorted by comments so i could list characters in detail view properly. then i could arrange everything in a way i liked)

now i find myself copy and pasting names from the character tab to the session tab. then i realize... its probably easier to beg for a fix than manually copy and paste 112 characters. plus without the sort by comments thing my characters are in a mess anyways.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:57 am   

Hmm, I thought it was transferring the session IDs, but I'll take a look at that and add it to the bug list.

I'll also take a look at the comments. The problem was that zMUD had both "comments" and "notes". CMUD just uses Notes instead of having both. There really wasn't much reason to have both, except for the situation you mentioned where you sorted by them.

Also, in zMUD there was a "Title", a "Session ID", and a "Caption". The Caption could be auto-generated from the hostname, character name, etc. In CMUD this was simplified to just have a "Title" and an "ID". The Caption no longer exists, but should have been copied into the Title field from the zMUD import.

Anyway, I'll take a look at the code and see what I can do. Maybe you could post an example of the type of comments you were entering and how you were sorting. Maybe there's a better way to handle it. Or maybe I can just copy the Comment field from zMUD into the first line of Notes and add Notes to the detail view.
xathil
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:32 am   well..

well this is what it looks like...

before

after

thats kinda the difference.
EDIT: sorry but thats after i made a few edits to it already (hence why there is a name in there.) anyhow, its the session title and id in the session tab that is being left blank along with the comments that i use to sort (as i mentioned above)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: