Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
tomcat025
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:31 pm   

Cannot use F keys for macros

While logged into Dragonrealms I was attempting to create some macros that I have used in Stormfront. Things like wielding weapons and whatnot. I can assign F1 and F2 but it will not let me assign F3, F4, or F5. I have not tried F6 or higher yet.

I have checked the option to allow macros to override keys but this seems to do nothing.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Mike
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:48 pm   

Working fine here. In the main MUD window, hit Ctrl+K or choose define macro from the Actions menu, hit the F key, type in the script and away you go.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
tomcat025
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:52 pm   

Thank you for reminding me of the ctrl+k feature but it still confuses me why I cannot assign them when I am already in the package editor.

~Arwin Hochhauser
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:11 pm   

How are you trying to assign them in the package editor? I just entered the text "F3" into the Key name field and it worked fine.
tomcat025
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:39 pm   

Zugg wrote:
How are you trying to assign them in the package editor? I just entered the text "F3" into the Key name field and it worked fine.

I was pressing the F-Keys themselves. I did think of entering the text but did not try it. Fang Xianfu's method worked fine for me but I will try that in the future.

THanks to you both.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:17 am   

Yeah, just pressing the F-keys themselves causes them to be interpreted as menu shortcut keys (look in the menus in the Package Editor and you will see that many of the function keys are used to filter the editor display). So there is no way for Windows to know that you want to use that key as the name of the macro instead of executing the menu shortcut.

When you click on the Key name field, you should see some help text in the status line at the bottom of the editor that tells you to Press Enter to select a key. Pressing Enter in this field is just like pressing Ctrl-K from the main MUD window. It will display the prompt telling you to press the key that you want to assign to the macro.

So, you either enter the name of the key as a text value, or you press Enter and then press the key combination that you want. No need to go back to the main MUD window to use Ctrl-K if you don't want to.
tomcat025
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:42 am   

Leave it to me to miss something as simple as the help text regarding that text box. Thanks Zugg

~Arwin Hochhauser
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: