Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
avguste
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:32 am   

AutoMap problem

Hello
I just purchased the Zmud(with CMud).I am trying to get the automap to work for Carrion Fields and Imperian,however I am not able to.
Anyone could provide me with a step by step how to?
Thanks
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:23 am   

Can you give a more specific description of the problem you're having. This link should be good starting point. http://forums.zuggsoft.com/modules/mx_kb/kb.php?page=3&mode=doc&k=36
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:33 am   

I followed the directions of the thread,but it seems it is not working.
It is all set up,but after the setup,when I start moving the map is not following.I have to reconfigure to get the map to show where I am
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:58 am   

Did the autoconfig detect the right parts of the MUD output as room name, desc and exits? You'll want to not use desc for Imperian too because that changes.

EDIT: And if you find a post by Larkin, he has a working config file for Achaea on the site in his sig. Should work for Imperian too.
avguste
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:32 am   

The auto detected all info.
How about Carrion Fields?
mikeC130
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:01 pm   

Not sure about Carrion Fields, however, Imperian is a serious pain to get to work with the mapper. I've put together a few triggers that help out most of the time, but there are still idiosyncrasies, and the occasional room that the mapper just will not recognize.

I'd post my mapping triggers to the library, but for some reason I can't figure out how to manage that trick. If anyone can tell me how to do that, I'd happily post it.

Mike W.
avguste
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:40 pm   

so I am guessing have to do it manually?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:52 pm   

Well, I use a multistate trigger for Imperian that works on the line colour - because nothing else uses the browny yellow of the room names, it'll only ever pick those up. It then uses the #tag command to tell the mapper which bit is which, and then I can autoconfig it and it works.

You say that the autoconfig worked - unless you're not in edit mode when you're creating the map, or you're not in follow mode when you're trying to walk around, then the autoconfig can't have worked properly. Do it again and check that it really is flagging the right parts as room name and exits (and desc if it's static). It'll also help if you go into the mapper options and enter a prompt trigger so it can detect that too.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: