Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jsyvanne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:07 am   

CMUD mapper and other problems

Bought myself license for Cmud yesterday, without much experience of it, just trusted that the public version was stable enough to use.

The automapper doesn't remember the last room I was like it did on Zmud, so everytime I start session, I have to manually check the starting room.

I tried to import settings from zmud folder too, and that didn't work very well:

I have set up mud channels so that chat messages are sent to other windows. First I didn't get the windows to stay opened and they reverted to be tabbed every time I opened session. Got that one working, but something (perhaps because of these window setups?) causes errors when I try to close session. (reported them via the automatic bug reporting thingummy, which by the way experienced an error too :P)

Or then it might be the atconnect trigger I had in zmud which started logging automatically (it doesn't seem to work at all, so is there anymore atconnect triggers?)

Perhaps I should try building the Cmud triggers and window setups from scratch and hope that the errors are because of zmud triggers I imported.

Anyways, if somebody knows how (or if it's possible) to get the automapper remember the room I quitted my last session, and if there is a way to perform atconnect events ?

mapper doesn't have help yet?

and the windows either don't seem to remember status of the toolbars. When I try to customize the 'package editor' it reverts to default everytime i open it.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:26 am   

There's are some quirks with the automapper (which are acknowledged by Zugg and are on his to-do list) that probably won't get addressed completely until the mapper rewrite later on, although there will be bug fixes and this particular one has garnered a lot of attention. One thing that I have done is to issue the #FIND command after I log in to update the mapper.

atconnect special alias et al, have been replace by the more power CMUD construct of events. The simplest thing in your case would be to copy the code from your atconnect alias to the body of an onConnect event.

I'm glad to see you got the window problems sorted out, and rest assured the automatic bug reporting is very useful to Zugg (in the BETA process greatly improved and simplified the development process and product stability).

Finally if you haven't already I greatly suggest you read the help files, especially the section on Changes for zMUD users.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: