Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:41 pm   

KB Article diffs when changes are made?

Is there any way to see the differences when a knowledge base article is updated? This would be incredibly useful instead of having to skim through the whole article and try and find out what has changed. I really like this feature in MediaWiki (the software that powers Wikipedia)... The whole page history is available and diffs are available for each revision. For example: http://wiki.mume.net/index.php/Special:Recentchanges

EDIT: Added KB to subject and "knowledge base" to the first sentence as it was unclear which articles I meant due to the forum move.

Last edited by Seb on Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:15 am   

Originally was posted in the Knowledge Base. It makes more sense to have the post here. Probably the permissions for the Knowledge Base forum should be adjusted to restrict creation of new topics. In any case, I like Seb's suggestion of having a change log available for the various KB articles.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:21 am   

Isn't the knowledge base doubling as an on-line/offline helpfile? All those updates might interfere with it in that case, and at any rate we have the comments section. We could always leave a nice, short EDIT: message with date, by whom, and perhaps some sort of linkage to an (optional) comment detailing the changes.

EDIT (MattLofton, 1-28-07): fixed examples to be compatible with Product version X.Y

Comments: In Product version A.B, it was allowable to do something this way. It has changed to be done that way now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: