Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:29 am   

Any reason the terminal would scroll very slowly?

Everything was workin peachy.
I got a new laptop, emailed myself my .pkg from the old computer - downloaded the newest version of Cmud, and its odd.

my package cannot be main package for one, when I select it, it either removes the .pkg or just the kg so it looks for shouldbemypackage.p instead of .pkg and I cant edit/fix that - so, I just open with the untitled and add my pkg that way. BUT, terminal is slow slow slow

Is there a funky setting that might have got changed in preferences? I've reinstalled same thing, use my pkg on old computer fine, its wierd - and why its not possible to select my pkg as the main or only pkg is really irritating. Rolling Eyes
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:42 am   

I've seen that thing with the menu dropping the .pkg or the "kg" part. It's never caused my packages to fail loading, so I've never worried about it.

And the only thing I can think of that would cause that is too many triggers. CMUD only displays a new line when all your triggers have fired and their scripts have finished executing - if your laptop is slow, that could cause the scrolling problems.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:41 am   

and how many would you say is a lot? i dont think there is all that many - pkg is only 700 KB

there are times where it stops "thinking" and runs normal (but only for about 3-4 seconds, then slow again.

and watching the taskmanager, even when I enter 1 key like to look, cpu jumps to 50% instantly - IF more than 1 command, like a macro or path - 98%
same with triggers disabled
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:14 pm   

I honestly don't know - I run CMUD on an Athlon 64 X2 4400+; I've never actually created enough triggers to cause any noticeable slowdown. I'm working on hearsay about the above problem.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:17 pm   

I recently had very nasty problems with scrolling speed when I added a second video card and monitor to my system. The solution that was required to ultimately correct this was using the newest drivers with my new card, and much older drivers for my old card. So there could be some issue with the video card drivers themself that cause this.
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:19 pm   

hm - The video driver is odd on this corporate version XP - like if I change the display size of my screen to say 800600 - it actually changed the area of the screen used - not like fonts and icon sizes and the 1200-whatever mode it so big the taskbar and right side of the screen are gone - doesnt FIT window is what I guess I mean

(and by the way, this is the 'same' laptop as my last one - just not broken. never tried this XP Corporate edition - its got a couple wierd things. It was setup for a dualboot apple I think)
jg1lbert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:47 pm   

OK, found some old school drivers for the video card in this

slow scroll resolved, thanks.

as for package, I uninstalled cmud again, deleted directory, re-installed, and got same results. I copy pkg into mygames etc, select as main pkg - the kg of .pkg drops off. save changes. I went back to edit session, it still saved my pkg as the default - connect to session and BAM creates a new untiltiled pkg and i have to import my package again in setting editor. I check visible window, main connection on my pkg. I disable untitled, remove pkg untitiled, save, close cmud, open cmud, connect to session - new untitled created again... whens 1.25? Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: