Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Alcander
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:58 pm   

Trouble with Scripting (Possible Dumb Question Alert)

Ancient Masters of Cmud, I come to you with a question that could lead to me being flamed as an idiot.

I have an alias called Runroom. Within this Alias is the following;

w
#WAIT 1000
n
#WAIT 1000
e
#WAIT 1000
s
#WAIT 1000
up
#WAIT 1000
kill monster
#WAIT 1000
d
#WAIT 1000
e
#WAIT 1000
s
#WAIT 30000
say pop

So in Zmud this would run, after the final wait, I would say pop and run the alias again. If for some reason I needed to stop this script I would hit ESC and the alias would terminate.

In Cmud I have the same alias, but what differs is that when I hit ESC to terminate, it doesn't, it just cycles through the ALIAS instead of aborting it.

Am I doing something incorrect here fundementally or ...I don't know or...thats why I'm asking for your help.

Yes, I know I'm going to hear that I probably should be using ALARM instead of WAIT, but it seems to serve my purpose in Zmud.

Any help would be great.

Alcander
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:06 pm   

You have a trigger on the message you recieve when you say pop that reruns the alias? Because that's potentially a bad thing for a start. I think the reason pressing esc working in zMUD is because it would break your infinite loop.

You could try using #alarm, yes. #wait can create all kinds of problems. Using #alarm also gives you some more options because you can create an alias to untrigger or disable the alarm to break the loop.

You could also try putting the alias in a class and creating another alias to disable the class. That should break the loop too. I say should because I haven't tested deactivating scripts while #wait is still running.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:10 pm   

Firstly, you should be using ALARM instead of WAIT ;)

That said, I think you might've found a bug. I've posted it in the beta forum for Zugg to look at
http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=105004
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: