Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:39 pm   

Keypad directions not working?

I have the package installed and everything is enabled, however if I press '5' on the keypad or '6' or any number, it displays that number instead of doing the appropriate command. Am I missing something here?

Also, a few other issues I hope someone can help me with, although this is more of a list for Zugg to look into, as well.

1. Color syntax is not working in CMUD.
2. Editor window does not appear to be working.
3. #var blah {anything} {Variables} does not work as intended. It will either go to the root folder, or go to a different package altogether. Same with aliases and triggers.
4. Need some sort of way to determine where errors are in compiling a script.

I'm sure there are many others, however, these are some of the ones that bother me the most. :P Any suggestions on any of the above topics, including the keypad directions? Thanks!

Charneus
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:42 pm   

1. Can you be more specific? Are you trying to color text with triggers? Are you have trouble with %btncol()? Is it a problem with syntax highlighting?
2. Once again can you be more specific? What isn't working. I've not been aware of any problems for some time. What are you trying to do?
3. The reason for that is improper syntax. The syntax for #VAR commands is #VA [variable] [value] [defaultval] [classname]. So your {Variables} actually maps to a default value. Try this instead. #var blah {anything} {} {Variables}
4. The easiest way to do this is to run the compatibility report (Tools -> Compatability Report under the Package Editor.). It was designed helped identify errors and conversion problems for scripts from zMUD but it is really good at identifying 95% of the problems you encounter.
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:45 pm   

I just realized I didn't address your main question. I'll check it out this evening after work.
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:54 pm   

1) The Colour Syntax option isn't yet supported. It's on the Todo list.

3) You can also use #var blah anything _nodef Variables instead - using a blank parameter may actually set a default of nothing.
4) Ctrl+K is also useful.

The keypad's not working for me either, it's adding the numbers to the command line.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:22 pm   

I can't reproduce any problem with the keypad. Make sure you have the EnglishKeypad package loaded and enabled, and click on your main session window object in the settings editor and make sure the EnglishKeypad package is enabled in the list of packages for your window.

2) Cannot reproduce any problems with the editor window. Run CMUD, close the session window, select Editor from the Windows menu and it opens just fine for me here. If this doesn't work for you, then you might need to reinstall CMUD from scratch.

Your other questions already seem to be answered by Tech and Fang.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:26 pm   

Quote:

1. Can you be more specific? Are you trying to color text with triggers? Are you have trouble with %btncol()? Is it a problem with syntax highlighting?
2. Once again can you be more specific? What isn't working. I've not been aware of any problems for some time. What are you trying to do?
4. The easiest way to do this is to run the compatibility report (Tools -> Compatability Report under the Package Editor.). It was designed helped identify errors and conversion problems for scripts from zMUD but it is really good at identifying 95% of the problems you encounter.

1. Fang actually addressed this issue. Color syntax, as in if I highlight something in color on the mud and paste it to the command line, it's supposed to put the color codes in for me. Works well in zMUD, but like Fang said, I guess it's not supported yet.
2. Editor window isn't working for me - period. I go to Window -> Editor, and nothing pulls up. I believe the keyboard commands for that is Ctrl+Shift+Enter, and that just causes an error in the application.
4. The question was not regarding the compatability. If I write a script and do a syntax check, it'll tell me 'Error at row 16 col 28.' Or some such report as that. I had actually addressed this earlier, to be honest. I'm just hoping for a way for cMUD to tell me exactly where the error occurs, much as it did in zMUD. For instance, highlighting the specific area, or placing an arrow (or even moving the cursor) at the point of the error.

As for number 3, thanks! I didn't realize that. Anyway, hope that clears up -some- issues. :\

Charneus
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:29 pm   

2) All I can think of is doing a reinstall. I'm not having any problems with the Editor window here, and nobody else is reporting this kind of problem. The *.XLY layout file for your character might be corrupted.

4) As Fang mentioned, you should use Ctrl-K. When you do a syntax check, it places the cursor at the position of the error.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:00 am   

Aha! Found out the reason why the Editor window wasn't working - Apparently if you have layout locked, you can't pull up the Editor Window. Therefore, if I want to use the Editor window, I have to actually unlock the layout, then open the window.

As far as Ctrl+K goes, I didn't realize that. I guess I didn't pay much attention to it. Sorry! Thanks for the info!

By the way, I came across a couple more issues. Twice, this has happened, and I don't know why or what caused it. I had one trigger for 'You disappear into the void.' and another trigger for 'Your skill in %1 increases!'. I was looking for the second trigger one day to change it a little when I couldn't find it. So, I clicked on each and every trigger. When I clicked on 'You disappear into the void.' on the left side of the screen, it came up on the display as 'Your skill in %1 increases!'...

And occasionally, my triggers will not catch until the second time I run the same command. This goes for quite a few triggers. I think it has something to do with #T+ and #T- in aliases/triggers. I'll see if I can come up with a better description for it... other than the following.

I'll run a command that sets off a chain of events. It's a spellup trigger that I use for the MUD I play. Sometimes, I'll type the first command to configure the spellup list, but it won't find any spells properly. The second time I run it, it'll find everything correctly. Then occasionally, if I do the spellup, it won't fire until I run it a second time. I've checked all the aliases, and it should be turning everything on correctly. Not sure what's going on. Any suggestions? Thanks again!

Charneus
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: