Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Mortis
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:54 pm   

#ADDKEY doesnt work with global records.

Like the topic says, I am having problems with #addkey.
If you create a data record in global, then use #addkey, it will erase anything within the record.
Atm I haft to pull down my record from global to local settings using #VAR, then adjust all records accordingly, then use #GVAR to replace the old global data record.

Sure it's possible to use %addkey but it a lot slower then #addkey.

I was going to bug report this but I thought i'd post here first, see if anyone had this problem before and solved it.
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:41 am   

This sounds way too much like a different problem, so rather than going into ZMud and checking it out when I should be heading off to bed I'll just ask a stupid question (stupid, assuming you're already aware of this issue):

Are you using #ADDKEY @varname keyname keyvalue or #ADDKEY varname keyname keyvalue?

Anytime you use #command @varname to assign data to a variable it will overwrite the old contents with the new contents. Commands that don't do assignment will usually try to reference a variable with the name of "@varname", which will likely not exist. This is called indirect referencing.

EDIT: added to last paragraph.
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:36 am   

I am using #ADDKEY varname keyname value or #ADDKEY varname {keyname1=value|keyname2=value}, depending on the situation, but neither work.

I cannot think of any reason why this doesnt work when #ADDITEM work with global varibles. It would really speed things up for me if it did work. As I store a lot of data in global records, prompt etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: