Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
shondy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:17 pm   

Map Script question

I realize the CMUD mapper isn't perfect, but I need help with scripting in general. I am not a programer, and scripts look mostly like nonsense to me I'm afraid. However, I am a builder on my mud and I would greatly like to map with the vnums automatically in the map. I know this takes a script, but I do not even begin to understand how to create this.

As a builder I see the room as this:

A wide dais
This dais rises from the skull-like tiles and gives a good vantage of the entire chamber to the south. The northern wall sports a body of a seraph, with glyphs and symbols painted all around the corpse. It apears almost as though the poor seraph died just an instant before, its eyes seeing nothing but still poised as though seeing the horrors committed before it. The dais has been covered with pillows and blankets, which those upon it use fervently and frequently, despite or perhaps because of any observers.

[Exits: east south west]

HP 1676/1676 MP 816/816 MV 914/914 27061

The 27061 is my vnum, and because it isn't in the name but in my prompt CMUD doesn't find it... Can someone help me?
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:55 am   

#tr {HP &hp~/&hpmax MP &mp~/&mpmax MV &moves~/&movesmax &vnum} {make it do the code to update the roomnum}

in the half i left you to fill in, just be more detailed as to where you want this number stored
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:43 am   

I don't know why, but I've never got on with &varname in triggers. I'd've preferred ($localvar:wildcard) and store them only if you need to.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
shondy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:54 am   

I'm sorry, but I really am programming illiterate. How does this work?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: