Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ArjenJ
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:18 pm   

Disabling class

hmmm somehow the "#t- classname" doesn't seem to work. The class turns grey in the package editor but the triggers in the specific class are still firing. Any idea's if I might be doing something wrong?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:48 pm   

To test this, I created a trigger roughly like this in a class "Test":

#trig {This is a test trigger} {#echo Fired;#T- Test}

and then #echoed the pattern twice from the command line. Worked as expected.

What exactly are you doing?

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
steveh_131

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:50 pm   

I have encountered the same problem, just not with triggers. The triggers seem to be disabled properly, but the buttons in the class are still visible when the class is disabled!

I don't know if this is a bug or if it is just different functionality than zmud.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:26 pm   

There was a bug with button display and colours not being updated instantly when things changed the settings- was that ever fixed? That problem's a symptom of that bug, I think.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Morgal
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:21 am   

Having read this, it could explain some VERY weird behaviour i was experiencing.

I have a trigger that turns a class off, but there was a trigger in that class firing even though the class was greyed out.

I considered lots of possibilities, such as there was another trigger turning the class on (But a find brought up nothing at all), and other things but in the end i couldnt figure it out, so i just changed the way my script worked, and now i have no problems.

So.. i guess im saying there is SOMETHING in this bug report, although i wouldnt say it was a common thing, as i turn classes on and off all time but it did happen.

Morgal
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am   

I have no idea what the problem is with #t- for use on classes, however I can suggest as a workaround until it is fixed, you should be able to use #class classname 0 or #class classname 1 to turn classes on and off...
crycry
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:32 pm   

ive always used #class just as Jed, with no problems.

XP Pro SP2
cMud 1.24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:29 am   

crycry wrote:
ive always used #class just as Jed, with no problems.

Actually I am having the same problem. I am using #class to disable the class and enable it. However, I have triggers firing in the disabled class and that shouldn't happen.
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:24 pm   

My specific problem with disabling a class was caused because I had multiple classes with the same name, though they were in different packages. I expected that the "#T- Update" code in package one would disable the class in package one, when it actually disabled the Update class in package two instead. Renaming the classes to have completely unique names solved my problem, though I don't know if this is the exact problem any of you are having.
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:04 pm   

The button issues listed above were fixed. There are others but they are so obscure there wasn't a point complaining at that time.

I have a class that is specifically there so I can make a bank of buttons appear and disappear when I toggle a button and that setup uses #T+/#T-. It is working fine.

As was mentioned above if there are multiple classes with the same name the wrong one could end up being disabled/enabled.

Another thing that may be happening is if you renamed a class after creating it. There is a chance that they are behaving like a variable and the new name is completely ignored by internal commands!! A good test for this idea would be to create a new class and move your triggers etc into it. Except that moved sub-states are disappearing Crying or Very sad. You could create a class and some bogus triggers and test it that way though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: